"As if I'm supposed to believe that."

Zarnab narrowed her eyes when they heard a knock at the door. Looking up, they found Zarnab's mother in law standing there.

"What's going on?"

She asked taking a seat close to Zarnab. Noor forced a smile.

"We were talking about baby's name. I think you should name him, auntie."

Zarnab sent a disapproving look Noor's way which she ignored.

"Ahan? But Zarnab wanted you to name him."

"I can't come up with any. Besides it's your right not mine. So you should do it."

Zarnab looked away sensing this was Noor's way of telling her that promise or deal, as they used to call it, was off. Reason was simple. Noor wasn't ever going to think of marrying again.

After few minutes when Zarnab's mother in law got busy in playing with her grandchild, Noor nodded in Zarnab's way and mumbling her hasty goodbyes left from there.

She was walking through the grassy field to get to H & D office but her mind was continuously replying the conversation earlier with Zarnab in her ear.

She had made it clear in front of both Zarnab and Izma aapa that she didn't wish to even think about remarrying. Once was enough. No matter if it was just a sham but whatever she was put through, started only as a marriage prospect and she had lost her belief in it. She didn't know if she will spend her life like this but trusting someone once again wasn't her cup of tea. She needed to focus on other things at the moment.

Her past was still hauntingly fresh in her mind. Even after all these months those two weeks were etched on her memory. Working for the people through her organization did give her the needed satisfaction and contentment but happiness wasn't still involved very much. She felt it giving her a peace within but peace isn't always accompanied with happiness. You have to find it but she could find it nowhere.

The past was a jumbled up mess, the present a struggle with each passing day and the future still a question mark. In all this thinking about getting married sometime down the line and having children was least on her mind. It was comically absurd. She chuckled humorlessly.

As if anyone would want to even think about having someone as jinxed as her in their life.

She shook her head and entered inside the familiar premises of the office.

____________________

Rayyan wasn't pleased with Haseeb on telling his whole family about the little accident of his. It was no big deal.

He had lots more on his plate to take care of.

He was in a situation coming out of which felt like an impossibility. Stuck in way too deep. Immersed way too emotionally.

He still had to figure out where life had pushed him.

To think of all this it still felt like a dream. He had never, in his wildest dreams thought a girl will come along and blow his mind like this. He was always controlling. His head was always where it should be. This was so uncalled for.