Chapter Twenty-Seven

Start from the beginning

"Should I?" A knot formed between my brows.

"It's up to you."

Each time I thought about it, the situation became more and more complicated. If Luca was telling the truth and marking me and declaring war with Damon within a day was purely coincidence. And, from the information Nakida has found, it seems as if he was telling the truth.

Luca had been my good friend for years, but Damon was my lover, my mate. Would it be fair to give Damon a warning that Luca was going to attack him? I didn't know. If everyone found out, what would they think of me? Would they think I wasn't worthy as their goddess because I trusted my heart? Was that my foulest strength or my greatest weakness as the Moon Goddess? Would people still trust me?

I sighed, pushing the thought out of my mind. Damon should know that Luca will attack again. He should be preparing for one.

After leaving the room, I showered and changed into some nice clothes. I fluttered my eyes closed, imagining Damon's bedroom. Leaping into the air, I landed on the cold hardwood floor of his room.

A light padding drifted from the bathroom into the bedroom. He must be in the shower. Should I go in and see him? My cheek heated up at the thought. I definitely wanted to, but was that appropriate?

Maybe, just a peak. I tiptoed to the bathroom door, leaning my ear against it. With a click, I grabbed onto the handle and pushed it opened. Steam tumbled out of the room in waves. The mirrors fogged over.

The shower turned off and my eyes widened. I quickly stepped out of the room, hiding behind the door.

"You don't have to hide from me, Kitten," his voice called from the bathroom.

"Do you have clothes on?" I asked. Who was I kidding? I didn't care if he had clothes on or not.

His chuckle drifted through my ears. I could just imagine his bare chest moving up and down as he laughed. My insides warmed at the mere sound of him.

"Yes, I'm dressed."

I peered into the room, my eyes immediately falling to his lower area that definitely wasn't clothed. I scrunched my nose up, trying to fake disgust, yet my lips betrayed me by curling up into a grin.

My gaze trailed up his body, watching bead of sweat roll down his perfectly sculpted frame. He ran a hand through his wet hair, tousling it.

He wrapped his towel around his waist and stalked towards me, the corners of his lips curling up.

My cheeks tingled as my eyes locked onto his. "I... I thought you said you had clothes on."

Bending down, he wrapped his arms around my legs and effortlessly picked me up, pushing me against the wall. I wrapped my legs around his waist and my arms around his shoulders. He pushed his lips onto mine. "Kitten... did you expect me to be dressed as I get out of the shower?"

His lips found the base of my neck and he placed light kisses up the column of it. The light touch of his fingers trailed up my legs, sending shivers down my spine. They teased me, moving to the insides of my thighs. I gripped his hair tightly in my hand, groaning out at his blissful torment. His fingers found the front of my pants and he gently rubbed the fabric.

He inhaled sharply, and then a low sensual growl escaped his lips. "You smell so good."

Wrapping his arms back around my legs, he picked me off of the wall and walked to the bed, placing me on it. He took a few deep breaths, his eyes travelling down my body. For a few moments, he just stood there, his eyes shifting from green jungles to golden sun shines.

I turned over onto my stomach, deciding to tease him. "Come play with me alpha." I began to crawl up the bed.

A louder growl escaped his throat and a hand wrapped around my ankle, pulling me back down the bed until my legs dangled off of the edge. He pressed into my back, grinding his hips against mine. His hand wrapped into my hair, tugging on it lightly causing my back to arch.

His smirk stretched against the flesh of my neck. "Kitten... don't tease me." His lips met the soft spot on my neck, the unmarked and untainted side. My eyes fluttered closed, enjoying his intimacy.

My heart thrashed against my chest. I wanted him.

He stopped kissing me for a moment, pulling away from me. His deep breaths fanned my neck. After a few moments, my brows furrowed together.

What was wrong?

I turned in his embrace, facing him and studying his face. His green eyes stared down at me. "What's wrong?"

"All last night and today you haven't left my mind. I... I want to mark you. I want to make you mine. And, mine only."

My heart raced. He wanted to mark me? I've wanted his mark for so long. I've been waiting for this for weeks, if not months already. A smile tugged at my lips.

"Can I mark you?" he asked, his thumb grazed against my cheek.

"Yes," I breathed out.

The corners of his lips curled into a smile and he gulped. His tongue shot out, licking his lips. As his eyes faded to gold, his canines lengthened from his lips. He placed a soft kiss on my lips and one down the side of my neck that wasn't marked with Luca's teeth.

I dug my fingers into his shoulders. They flexed under my touch. The smoothness of his teeth grazed against my neck. My eyes fluttered closed, ready to finally share a stronger bond with him.

His teeth broke my skin and sunk deep within my flesh.

A/N

How would you handle the prisoner? Tell me in the comments! >>>

Finally, Damon marks Mae! Who is excited?!

What do you think will happen between Damon and Mae as well as Luca and Mae now?

Predictions for next chapter? Predictions for the rest of the book?

Hope you have a great weekend! Tell me what you're doing >

Warmly, Destiny <3