Chapter Five

"We'll probably be in Seattle tomorrow." Dave said and looked down at the floor.

"Already?" Kurt whispered.

"Yeah. We drove a lot though." Dave sighed.

"Thanks." Kurt said lowly.

"For what?"

"For taking me with you on this road trip."

Dave smiled. "Your welcome. Thanks for coming with me."

Kurt smiled. A real smile and to Dave, it was beautiful.

-----

"This is it." Kurt whispered.

"Well, incase you decide to come back, you know where I am."

Kurt nodded and gave Dave a quick hug. "Goodbye."

Dave sighed. "Bye."

Kurt slowly got out of the car and began to walk to his fathers house. He waved at Dave, then Dave drove off. Kurt took in a deep breath and slowly let it out. He knocked on the door, it didn't take long before his father opened the door.

"Dad?" Kurt asked with a smile.

"K-Kurt? What are you doing here?"

"I came to see you."

"I... don't think that's a good idea." His father sighed.

"Why?"

"Kurt, I have a new life. A new family and I don't want to think about you, your sister, or your mother anymore."

"Wh-what are you talking about?" Kurt said as he heart sped up and his eyes began to water.

"You was just a mistake, Kurt." His father said then shut the door. Kurt looked behind him, hoping Dave would still be there but he wasn't.

Kurt began to walk to the hotel Dave was in. Rain began to pour down, getting Kurt soaked. He was crying, but you wouldn't notice from the rain. He went straight up to Dave's room and knocked on the door.

Dave opened the door and saw Kurt. His eyes were red and he was soaking wet. Kurt walked past him and went straight to the bathroom.

Dave picked out some dry clothes for Kurt. Then, Dave took in a deep breath, slowly letting it out and went into the bathroom. There sat Kurt on the floor, crying and sobbing.

"Kurt, are you alright?" Dave whispered and sat on the floor beside him.

Kurt took the dry clothes and wiped his tears away. "He... He said I was just a mistake. He said he had a new family." Then Kurt cried again.

"Come here." Dave whispered and held Kurt in his arms. Kurt cried on his shoulder but Dave didn't care.

"It's alright, Kurt." Dave whispered.

Kurt cleared his throat and slowly got out of Dave's arms. "I'm sorry." He whispered.

"Don't be sorry. None of this is your fault."

Kurt nodded. "You can go back in there, I'm gonna change and then I'll be out."

"Okay." Dave then got off the floor and helped Kurt up. Dave left the room and then Kurt changed. He looked at himself in the mirror.

"Why am I so stupid?" Kurt asked himself. "I can't fall for him, I can't fall in love with anyone else."

Then he left the bathroom and went into the room with Dave. He sat down on the bed and looked down at the floor.

"You okay?" Dave asked.

Kurt nodded. "Yeah... I'm okay."

"I'm sorry." Dave whispered.

Kurt faked a smile. "I'm alright."

Dave wrapped him in another hug and held him tightly. After he broke away he looked into Kurt's blue eyes. He saw hurt. Then he leaned in and pressed his lips against Kurt's. He didn't know what he was doing until he felt Kurt's lips moving along with his.

Dave rested his hand on Kurt's waist and deepened their kiss. Kurt popped his eyes open and pushed Dave away. "N-no... I can't."

"What's the matter?" Dave asked as he laced their fingers together, but Kurt pulled his hand away.

"Tell me." Dave demanded.

Kurt sighed. He knew he had to explain and he couldn't hide it anymore.

"When I was younger my parents got a divorce. I waited until I was eighteen then I left Seattle, and started going all over the country. I hitchhiked. Finally I was too far away for anyone to find me. Then about two years ago I met this guy. We started dating and then he took me to this party. He got drunk and he was really being a jerk. Then... He got his friends and they took me upstairs," Kurt cleared his throat and wiped away a few tears. "They... Tied my hands with rope and taped my mouth. Then they took my clothes off and did anything they wanted to me. My boyfriend just stood and watched. They took turns inside me and even did it together. It hurt so bad and it was really nasty. They t-touched me and kissed me and... just everything. I wanted to die, I tried to die but nothing would w-work. That's why I'm afraid to fall in love again. I don't want it to happen again."

Dave wiped away Kurt's tears and wiped away his tears. "Kurt, I'd never hurt you like that. You didn't deserve something like that to happen."

Kurt sniffed and cleared his throat. "I... I just need some rest. Will you do me a favor?"

"Yes, or course. What is it?"

"Lay with me and hold me."

Dave nodded and laid beside Kurt. He wrapped his arm around him and Kurt rested his head on Dave's chest. He closed his eyes, quickly falling asleep.