"So, Lily, you have any plans today?" I heard Sirius ask from the head of the table, and I raised an eyebrow.

"I'm able to have plans? I thought I wasn't allowed to leave the house."

Sirius sighed. "Well, after a few discussions and some, uh, nice conversations with Tonks she's convinced me that maybe giving you some freedom, despite the times we live in, would be a good thing."

"Wow."

"However," Remus started, shooting a look at Sirius before turning to me, "We do have one condition."

"Oh? And what's that?"

"You have to have an order member with you." He sighed, studying my face warily as if he expected me to blow up about it. But quite honestly, I didn't mind. I was just excited about the fact that I would be allowed to leave the house.

"I'm fine with that." I answered, smiling somewhat goofily. Both Sirius and Remus smiled.

"Wonderful. Also, Tonks said she would love to take you shopping at some point- I realize that while we love you, you may need some girl time at some point." Sirius chuckled quietly, and I grinned.

"When could I go?"

"You'll need to talk to Tonks about that, but she'll be arriving later today so you can talk to her then." Remus smiled, and I nodded quickly, absolutely thrilled. It had been ages sine I had seen Tonks- or really talked to her, at least. Whenever she had free time she tried to spend with Remus, understandably, and while I didn't mind I still missed talking to her.

"Can I go to?" I heard Caiden asked from next to me, but Remus just smiled weakly.

"Not right now, cub. Maybe when you're a bit older."

"But why?"

"Because things are dangerous right now, Caiden." Sirius said, frowning slightly as he talked to the small boy. "We just don't want you getting hurt."

"Alright.." Caiden sighed quietly, looking upset about it before he got a glimpse of the extra pieces of bacon that had appeared on his plate, his brightening up instantly. Looking over at Draco, I smiled gratefully, the smile widening when he smiled back.

__

Sitting the living room, I glanced up at the clock impatiently, waiting for Tonks to arrive. Remus said she'd be here around three, and it was three-thirty. I wasn't positive if three-thirty counted as 'around three', but in my books it was way past.

Draco had since snuck upstairs with a book in hand, shooting me a smile as he ran up the stairs, trying to escape the glares he got from Sirius.

I was flipping through one of Sirius's old quidditch magazines when I heard the door swung open, followed by footsteps as Tonks walked into the living room, her hair a bright turquoise today.

"Tonks!"

"Wotcher." Tonks greeted cheerfully, grinning brightly as I stood up and hugged her tightly. She smelled lightly of lavender, the scent clinging to the coat she was wearing- Upon closer inspection, I realized it was one of Remus's.

"How are you?" I asked as I was finally released. Tonks shrugged indifferently.

"I'm alright. You ready to go?"

"What- right this second?"

"Of course!"

"Well, sure, I need to grab a coat, but-"

"Then go! I'll be in the kitchen, alright?" Tonks chuckled, ruffling my hair before walking into the kitchen, and I watched her leave for a few seconds before bolting up the stairs, nearly crashing into Fred.

"Wha- Careful, Lily." Fred rolled his eyes as he steadied me, keeping from falling down the stairs.

"Sorry Fred." I chuckled quietly, and Fred nodded.

"It's alright. Just careful- why are you in such a rush?"

"Tonks is getting me out of here for the day." I grinned, and Fred smiled amusedly in return.

"I see. Well have fun. And watch yourself, we don't need you-"

"I know, I know. I'll see you later." I waved, and Fred waved back weakly as I continued to march up the stairs, grabbing my grey jacket from my room before running back down the stairs, that were now empty.

"Ready, Tonks." I said, looking into the kitchen. Tonks was standing there with her head on Remus's shoulder, the couple talking quietly when Remus raised his head and smiled at me as the same time Tonks kissed his cheek, pulling away to walk with me.

"We'll be back in a few hours." She waved as we exited the building, the warm summer air filling my lungs.

"Would it be alright if we walked?" I asked curiously, and Tonks, while looking mildly puzzled, nodding.

"Sure." She said, linking my arm with hers.

We walked in silence for a couple minutes after that, enjoying the sun and the warmth it gave off. It reminded of the summers I would spend with my friends back in 2011, going to see movies and to the pool, stalking guys we thought were cute, and just lying in the yard, reading.

"Lily?"

"Yes Tonks?"

"What'cha thinking about?"

"Oh, just some old friends." I said, sighing. No matter how much I wanted to, I hadn't told Tonks yet- about where I had come from. I felt bad, but at the same time I didn't want to be given special treatment, or would use me as some sort of information-storage, as, and I hated to admit, Dumbledore and Snape would do. Though I couldn't be mad at them for it, and I know they cared about me- they just wanted to win the war with as little loss as possible. And while I doubt Tonks would do that, I just still wanted to keep things normal. I wanted her to just be part of my new life, not my old one.

"That's nice. Briann and Hannah, correct?"

"Those are the ones." I sighed, nodding. Tonks smiled sadly.

"I'm sure you'll see them again someday."

"Maybe." I agreed, nodding once as we walked along the pavement. Tonks slung an arm around my shoulder.

"But, you do have me. The Weasley's. Neville and Luna, and I've seen the way you and Draco look at each other."

"Don't star-"

"Mm-hm?" Tonks hummed, raising an eyebrow at me. "Don't you deny it."

"But-"

"Don't."

"Fine." I sighed, smiling wryly at her. "You win."

"Naturally." Tonks chuckled quietly, and I rolled my eyes.

"Don't be arrogant."

"Runs in the family."

"Doesn't mean-"

"Yes it does!"

"But-"

"Does."

Sighing I gave up, rolling my eyes again in amusement. Tonks was one of those people you just couldn't win an argument, not that I minded.

"Hey, Tonks?"

"Yeah?"

"Love you."

"Love you too, kid." Tonks said, the smiles on our faces near identical as we continued down the sidewalk.