33. The truth untold

Song: The Truth Untold - BTS ✨

'Don't smile on me, light on me, because I can't go to you... there's no name to call. You know that I can't show you me or give you me. I can't show you my weakness so I'm putting on a mask to go see you. But I still want you.'

⚡️⚡️⚡️

I love you so much, but I can't be selfish... and that's why I can't have you.

[30 minutes ago]

"What's all this bullshit about you two?" Jason scowled.

"I..." I muttered softly, still not recovered from my shock.

"Look, I don't care what this is all about, but listen to me, Rosie..." He took a step forward, acting all serious.

"You have to break up with him."

"W-What?"

"The moment you admit having a relationship with him, you're done for. People will start to watch you, talk about you and even dig your life up. You're basically throwing your private life away."

Yeah... I really hate attention.

I can't even stand a small crowd looking at me. But if this was what it takes to be with Jongdae, I was willing to give it a shot.

I looked up, feeling determined.

"It doesn't matter to me-"

"What about Jongdae? You think he's gonna be alright?" Jason interrupted again.

"SM will deny all the claims and force you two to break up. Jongdae does not have a say in this. If he insisted, his career will be definitely be threatened. You know very well that he's at the peak of his career. You don't want to see him fall, do you?"

He shifted his weight from one foot to another.

"Even if you insist on staying with him, what makes you think SM won't touch you? They'll fire you right away. In fact, you're not any safer now because of the damn leaked demo. You probably think you're just a contracted intern, but I can almost assure that your capability would have gotten you a full-time position, if it wasn't for all this bullshit."

I love my job... but for Jongdae, I know I can do without it. He means so much more than this.

"But this? This news? If it's really true, it's only going to wreck the both of you. So please, Rosie... please end it with him."

"I..." I stumbled.

"Think harder, Rosie. It's impossible for a relationship with him. Especially not now. Nobody in this world would approve it. Not the company, definitely not the fans, not even his family would support it if it ends up ruining Jongdae's future."

Jason was slightly convincing, but what about Jongdae? I knew he had his own decisions to make too.

"It takes two hands to clap, Jason. Jongdae must have his own opinions as well and-"

"That's exactly why I'm only saying this to you, Rosie. We all know what he would say about this, don't we?"

I think he would fight for us.