《 FOUR 》

《 FOUR 》

I stared out at the green fields, watching the trees sway back and forth. It was peaceful but my mind wasn't.
I kept thinking about Austin and his face when I had argued with him about Marcus.

Stupidly enough, I was wrong and he was right. I was married and in a perfectly good relationship with a man that had quite literally had my back from the beginning. I loved Marcus but he wasn't the man for me.

Austin was.

My thoughts were interrupted as I heard a sniffling noise. I turned my head to see a sandy wolf, sitting and looking at me with his ears pricked forward. His golden eyes studied me. "Hey" I said softly.

One ear flicked, indicating that Austin was listening. "I'm sorry for snapping at you" I said, as I sat in the ground.

The wolf didn't come any closer. "I love you okay, always have and always will, I'm sorry for being so stubborn and I wish I knew what I was doing" I said before putting my head in my hands.

I didn't hear anything for a moment before I felt Austin's wet nose press against my ear, tickling it. I looked up so see him sit by me. I lifted my hand and rubbed it through his fur. "You're my husband and I should treat you better and I promise from now on, every decision will be a joint decision" I said, glancing at the wolf.

He swung his head around to look at me, burying his head under the crook of my neck. I hugged the wolf close and breathed into his fur. "I miss the good old days, when all I had to care about was how I was going to impress you at school" I whispered.

The wolf snorted. "I miss Casey and V, I miss mum and I wish I could just go back, forget everything that happened" I said, staring at the field.

Austin's eyes seemed to judge me. "Well of course not our marriage, besides I think if circumstances hadn't changed like they did, I think you would have asked me out or something" I said before chuckling nervously.

"Do you ever want to go back and change something?" I asked, scratching behind his ears.

The wolf shook his head. He ruffled his fur and stood up, sliding out of my grasp.
I watched him pad over to the tree and pick up a fallen branch in his mouth. He brought it back to me. "Austin, I'm not throwing you a stick" I said, giving my husband a disapproving glare.

He nudged my hand with his nose. "You are not some silly family dog, you are a werewolf and also my husband" I added.

He just wagged his tail and kept looking at the stick. I sighed and picked up. He immediately started to dance around, acting a little crazy. "The things I do for you!" I exclaimed before throwing the stick as far as I could.

Austin bounded off and I watched him crash as he tried to pick up the stick while still running. I rolled my eyes and couldn't help but laugh. He finally got it and came running back, nudging my hand again.

I threw it, using my magic to make it go further. He bounded off again and started howling as he ran. Laughter bubbled before I couldn't stop. He picked up the stick in his mouth and started to run in a circle as I clutched my chest, trying to breathe through my laughter.

Suddenly, he stopped and turned his head towards the trees, going straight into defensive mode. I stared at the shadows in the trees to, slowly standing up.
Purple eyes stared back and the hairs on my arms raised. Slowly, I lifted my hands in front of me to protect me.

The figure just turned around and disappeared. I couldn't see it properly as it was wearing a cloak. Austin came walking back, occasionally flicking his head around to look at the spot. I rubbed my arms as the chills still set over me.

It was pure scary shit. I had never seen something like it. "Did you see it?" I asked Austin.

He gave me a blank look and I realised I was still talking to a Wolf. He pushed my hand towards the castle, an indication that he wanted me inside.
I nodded, too scared to refuse.

I walked back to the castle but glanced at the shadows again as another chill set over me. What sort of creatures had purple eyes?

~

"The Winter Fae have purple eyes" Soarise said as I asked her.

"What's the Winter Fae doing in the summer court?" I asked, as I waited on my throne.

"With the uprising, they could have chosen the rebel side or perhaps have their own agenda, the Winter far are quite manipulating and sly" she said before shuddering.

Dorian nodded. "My Queen, if a Winter Fae has crossed the borders without permission, you should organize a meeting with the their Queen immediately" he said, concerned.

The door opened and a fresh looking Austin walked in, running a hand through his wet hair. "What did I miss?" He asked, taking a seat next to me.

Dorian filled him in as I thought. "We haven't met any of the Winter court, maybe they're scoping us out" Austin said, looking at me.

I bit my lip. "Soarise, organize a meeting  to their Queen, let her know both Aistin and I are eager to talk to her" I said glancing at my trusted advisor.

She nodded and flounced off. "Now Dorian, tell me, what's happening where we can't see" I asked.

Dorian shook his head. "Its not good, My Queen, the Rebels have summoned quite an army, it's going to he difficult but tonight I'm going back to meet with their leader in order of the business we discussed" he said, looking at both of us.

Austin nodded. "Excellent, thank you Dorian, you can take your leave" My husband said.

Dorian bowed before clicking his fingers and disappearing with a pop. I bit my nail. "We'll get through this" Austin said, standing up and moving towards me.

He took my hands and pulled me up too. "We will always find a way" he said before kissing the backs of my hand.

I smiled at him. "What did I do to deserve you?" I asked quietly.

Austin just leaned in and kissed me gently. "Come to bed, my love, its getting late" he said, giving me a look.

"You go ahead, I will be there soon" I replied.

He nodded and dropped my hands before walking towards our chambers. I flipped back on my throne and sighed, putting my head in my hands. I was unaware that I had an audience.

~
Marcus stood in the shadows, gazing at Diana with unreadable expression. He turned away from her to walk back to his room.
His hand clenching around a small box in his pocket.

A/N

Hey Everybody!
"Gotta live it up today, we can all get some, yeah we can all get paid"
(Tavana, now is not the time to sing 5SOS)

Hey readers!
How are you!

I've missed you!
But I'm back with another chapter, what did you think?

I think Austin trying to make Diana laugh as a wolf is beyond cute.
What about that little Marcus snippet.
Hmmm.. *rubs chin*

Don't forget to vote
Dont forget to comment
And don't forget to be nice to everyone, every day.

Love, T xoxoxo