Chapter Ten: Mother of Four

Start from the beginning

Glistening fresh water spilled from an opening above raining a small spring of delicate warm drops, as brilliant unworldly light shone from above.

It took moments for Emoriah's eyes to adjust to the beaming light but when the small black dots vanished from her sight she spotted bright glowing jewels.

Their beauty and brightness sent sparkles over the clear gurgling water in heaping magnitudes.

Asita flew around in elegant swoops her scales gleaming brightly. Emoriah smiled at the sight before bending down towards the spring.

Soothing steam raised from the pure water sending a not so pleasant reflection back to her.

A thin grimy young girl stared back at Emoriah with a dirt-streaked face, and mass of mangled fiery curls at her head.

Fantastic.

Emoriah splashed her reflection and glanced at the inviting warm water below her.

A few minutes would suffice.

Emoriah stripped from her stained clothing and stepped slowly into the relishing calm spring. The pleasant temperature of the water did wonders to her body, as she felt it swirl and slid past her bare flesh.

Dirt and sand slid easily of her skin, as she scrubbed with her thin fingers. Her hair was a whole different ordeal. Minutes flew by as she separated the mangy tangles that seemed as if they were glued together.

She was holding a loose fiery curl when a shining object below the shimmering water caught her attention.

Three alluring lustrous oval-shaped rocks glowed from the deeper end of the spring sending her heart into overdrive. A thick need spread throughout her hands, as she stepped towards the unfathomable end and dove in.

The stones glittered and reflected bright little lights in the water, as Emoriah pushed herself further with her legs. The desired feeling grew with fierce intensity the closer she reached her destination.

With her hands trembling in anticipation she curled her fingers around a deep cerulean stone. The second her fingers graced its hard surface a sharp biting zap zinged through her fingers, and down to her toes in a warm zapping electrical current.

Of all daft cows........

It wasn't a blasted stone! It was an egg!!

Emoriah kicked back up to the surface and spat the water that had leaked down her throat. She gently carried her new treasure to the disarrayed mess on the rock flooring. Gathering her clothes with her free hand she wrapped the egg in her loose sock.

Another dragon. She had another flipping dragon.

Laughing to herself she walked back to the gushing spring and gazed at the last two sparkling eggs gleaming from the bottom.

How was she to get them out without touching them?

An idea then sprung from the back of her mind.

She needed her other sock.

Emoriah broke from the water and sucked in oxygen with desperate haggard breaths, as her hands were wrapped tightly around the black soggy sock containing her two vibrant eggs.

Carrying them over to her pile of soiled clothing she laid them beside the deep blue egg and examined them in awe.

One of the two eggs she brought up was a dazzling fiery red that seemed to burn even in the water, while the other was a lovely purple.