5| The Critical Answer

- Chapter 5 -

The Critical Answer

Purple eyes looked out of the window and concentrated in the dancing cherry blossoms, being thrown here and there because of the slight breeze of the summer. A ruckus was heard in the classroom and that made the ravenette snap her gaze up where three figures were approaching her.

"Satsuki!"

"Shiroshi-san!"

"Satsuki-san"

The three figures approached Satsuki, standing right in front of her- Yachi, Yamaguchi and Tsukishima. All of them, even the blonde megane, were half confused and half shocked by something they had just being informed and Satsuki was the only person they could ask about that.

The ravenette raised an eyebrow at them, not knowing what was that rush for, "Erm . . . ohayo?"

"Kageyama-kun told us everything! Actually, not Kageyama, Tanaka-senpai told us that he had found out but that doesn't matter! Just . . . did Kageyama-kun-"

"Satsuki-saaaann!!" The yelling of Hinata was heard out-loud as he broke in the class, making all of them sweat drop, especially Yachi who had been cut off from her orange headed teammate. When Hinata approached them, he slammed his hands on her desk and looked at her with his widened brown orbs, "Did Kageyama asked you out? I mean, for real?!?!"

The remembrance of it made Satsuki blush instantly and she nodded, scratching her cheek and looking away. "Why do you make it such a big deal, anyways?"

"Because! Kageyama is THE King of Tsundere! He will never smile or admit his feelings for something and yet, he asked you out? To be his girlfriend? That's new! And . . . what did you answer to him?"

The ravenette sighed and began explaining them what had happened last night . . .

"Alright, alright!" Kageyama breathed out loudly, grabbing her shoulder and staring at her straight into her purple orbs. "I really like you and I want you to be my girlfriend, Satsuki"

The raven girl stood frozen, her lips moving but not letting a sound escape them. She was utterly shocked and not prepared for this but... the time had come and she knew exactly what to tell him. "Tobio, I..." The sound of her phone ringing cut her off, making her to look at Kageyama apologetically before answering to the phone call.

"Moshi moshi? Ah, Keigo-kun" At the moment Kageyama heard that the caller was a male, his heart ached, almost scattered into pieces. How could Satsuki have other male friends? Okay, it was up to her but still . . . It hurt Kageyama to see her talk or be with someone that he had never met before, especially if the person was male. He had hidden his emotions all this time too well for her to notice but the time he had to tell her had finally arrived.

The ravenette closed her phone after a minute and turned back to Kageyama, only to find out that her best friend was missing, "Tobio, I'm-". Her violet orbs looked at the ground, feeling guilty for talking to someone else in front of the boy who had just confessed to her. . . especially to a certain someone who she previously had a crush on.

"Waaaahh!!" Hinata exclaimed in surprise, obviously daydreaming about the scenery. "And Kageyama left like that! What a bastard! But. . . Satsuki-san, who is that Keigo guy, huh?". Satsuki stiffened at the remembrance of the certain person and was ready to throw an excuse but fortunately, the bell saved her, causing everyone to groan and head back to their classes.

The ravenette sighed and took out her books, preparing for the lesson. Though, her mind was roaming somewhere else, somewhere far, far away . . .

~*~*~*~*~

"Satsuki, are you coming with us? We're going on the roof to eat our bentos~' Sachi invited politely Satsuki- well, not so politely since she had tugged her sleeve and was pulling her with their little company. Only the King was missing.

After a lot of tries and yelling, Satsuki freed herself from Sachi's iron grip and excused herself, "Erm . . . Ano, I want to buy something to drink so I suppose I'll meet you on the roof later". The ravenette ran out of the classroom before Yachi would utter another word and opened the building's door, taking a deep breath from the outside, clean and full of precious oxygen air.

She started walking and stopped only when she was a few meters away from the vending machine where her jaw dropped on the floor. From the most of the times, Satsuki was definitely unfortunate this one because Kageyama was standing right in front of it, waiting for his drink to fall so he could take it. Her purple orbs widened in surprise to see him there and she soon started looking around, searching for a place to hide. She chose to sneak behind a tree and sit under it, taking a few glances around her like an undercover agent. 

When she confirmed that Kageyama wasn't around her anymore, she left a sigh of relief and slid down the tree. 

"What . . . are you doing?" 

The too familiar voice made her instantly jump up in surprise and scream a bit, causing some students to look at her like she was a psycho. In front of her was standing her childhood's best friend who was looking at her with a raised eyebrow. Forgetting about what had happened between them, she pointed her fist at him, "Tobio you teme! You almost made me have a heart attack! What's with the sudden appearance anyways?"

Kageyama sighed and his eye twitched when she called him bastard but quickly gained his serious composure. What surprised Satsuki more was when he extended his hand towards her and leaned down slightly, "Come". The girl gave him a confused look but accepted his offer, grabbing his hand and standing up. Though, he didn't freed her hand and started walking, pulling her with him. Her cold hand was feeling warm in his and that made her blush instantly.

The King lead her somewhere else, to a part of the school she had never seen before. It was just before the closed school gates, under a sakura tree which had just bloomed, causing its small pink petals fly around and create an imaginary sight. Almost no one was around, fact which made Satsuki quite nervous about being alone with Kageyama after yesterday. When they arrived right under it, Kageyama freed her hand which made her shudder because of the unpleasant impact her contact with the slight breeze made.

Kageyama's grey eyes stared into her purple ones although she wasn't looking at him. Her gaze was concentrated on the cherry blossoms which were giving a beautiful color on the hard ground. Leaving a small and quiet sigh, he turned to her which caused her to look back at him, "So. . ." she started, looking around awkwardly, "why did you bring me here?"

"Because" he stated but scratched the back of his head, not knowing how to say that, "I wanted to talk to you about last night. Actually, I'm sorry for disappearing like that, it was too rude . . . And, it is okay if you deny to be my girlfriend"

"Tobio, I . . ."

"Just let me do something first before I let you go and . . . well, get friend zoned again" he cut her off, looking at her with flushed cheeks. Before Satsuki could deny it all, Kageyama took her hand and pulled her closer to him, making the girl's eyes go wide. He is going to kiss me, god, help, the terrified teenager thought, trying to move backwards but her body just wouldn't obey to her orders. But the unexpected happened- Kageyama simply pulled her into a tight hug and kissed the top of her head, Satsuki's head being buried in his chest. "I wouldn't do to you anything you don't like"

 The ravenette could feel the back of her eyes burning; she was ready to cry. Kageyama pulled away after a little and walked away with a frown on his face, leaving the poor teenager alone. Satsuki's upper lip quivered and a tear rolled down her face, her teeth biting the inside of her mouth hard so she could block the sobs from escaping.

She had never felt so shitty in her life.

_________________

Came back with a new chapter. Pretty short but meh. I hope ya all folks like it :)