Chapter 37

[Ezra POV]

"Why doesn't she remember me?"I asked the doctor seriously. He looked at me with a stone cold expression then parted his lips. "I can't give you a for sure answer, she didn't have any blunt force trauma that would trigger amnesia. But in cases such as hers, she was under a great deal of stress and anxiety, also the things she endured  and saw might have triggered it."He said and I was confused. "How?"I asked him curiously. "Well, Mrs.Michaelson when a person is under that kind of trauma or stress the brain can block out the image, or that specific time and lock it away along with other memories that may have led up to it, I wouldn't be surprised if all she remembered where the times before she was abducted or before she found you again, I was her doctor when she was in the accident."He explained. 

"So you're telling that she picked and chose who and what she wanted to remember? Or are you telling me that her mind reminded her back to a time of no stress or trauma?"I asked as my heart sped up. He scrunched his face and rubbed his head, "Well, If  I were, to be honest, both Mrs.Michaelson." He explained to me. I don't know what came over me but I threw a metal bowl that was on a rack into the wall. "I barely survived this the first time around" I whispered to myself fighting my tears.

"Just be here for her, and maybe she might remember bits and pieces" He patted my shoulder walking past me. I sighed and shook my head as I headed back to her room. "What are you doing back in here?" She growled in frustration. "Oh Come on cheetah girl don't be like that" I smiled, her face turned a light shade of red then she said the word that completely crushed me. "Why did you call me that? MY NAME IS AIDA MICHAELSON, I'm nobodies Cheetah girl, that's mad childish son"She barked at me. I just wanted to die right there, but I kept my composer. I wasn't going to fold in front of her, period.

"Okay, Aida Michaelson. Get your shit out my house and go back to yours, my nigga. Say thank you though because I got your high maintenance, crybaby, spoiled bitch ass out of that hell hole when I could've left your ass there to die. But oh I fucking love you so I couldn't but that don't mean shit to you" I clapped back. Her face was scrunched up and she balled her fist. "What you mad? Yeah me to, suck it up buttercup. Get your fucking shit out of my house."I growled.

"You can not talk to me that way," She said calmly. "Well tough tits because I just did"I smiled. "Why is my shit even at your house? And why would get me out of that house? I don't care if you claim to love me, obviously, if I forgot you, your love wasn't enough."She said coldly. Before I could think about what to say my hands did the talking. I smacked the shit out of her. She looked at me and punched me in my stomach then said, "Get Out" while caressing the necklace I gave her a while ago. "Not without this," I said snatching the necklace from around her neck.

"That's mine!!!!!"She whined

FLASHBACK

"EZZZZIIIEEE" Aida whined sitting on the playground, I ran as fast as my little legs could go. I saw these girls surrounding her trying to take something out of her hand.

"That's MINEEEEEEE" She cried stomping her feet and crying. That just won't do, I thought. I walked up to the girls and said, "Give Aidah her toy back"I crossed my arm and tapped my foot at them. Then they pushed me down. 

These little girls did not just push me? I hopped back up and snatched the doll and kicked them both in the shin. "If Aida says this bear is hers then it's hers, don't touch it understand?"I said. We're in the second grade now and she still acts like a big baby.

They looked at me with tears and I pulled my fist back, "Am I understood?"I said and they nodded and ran off. I gave Aida her toy back, "Here dork" I laughed.  She wasn't laughing. I kissed her cheek and she giggled and pushed me away. "Gross" "Made you smile though,"I said.

"You need to toughen up though Aida and learn to fight for what's yours. I can't fight for you everytime"I laughed, "But you don't have a problem doing it"She smiled nudging my shoulder. "You're right, but I won't always be here Cheetah Girl," I said concerned. She put her head on my lap, recess was going to end soon and that means I won't be able to see her, which really sucks.

END OF FLASHBACK

"Here fucking keep it" I sighed, getting sad. She had a concerned look on her face. "If you say it's yours then you keep it"I sighed continuing. "Who's Ezra?"She asked looking at the necklace. It was a necklace with our names engraved in it. "That'll be me, it was a gift from me to you some years ago," I said. She had a frown on her face. "Ugh put it back on me Ezra, it's mines" She smiled rolling her eyes. I was shocked but I put the necklace back on her. 

"I'm sorry, I'll be leaving. I'll take your things to your house and leave my key to your house there" I sighed. "Why do you have a key and why is my stuff at yours?"She snarled. "You are my girlfriend," I said almost crying. "I am not, but thanks," she said.

"Can I hug you?"I was defeated. "Sure I guess"She smiled opening her arms. She pulled me into a hug and when she tried to let go I hung on tight and started to cry. "Why are you, Ezzie don't cry, I don't like this," She said, "You called me Ezzie"I questioned. "Yeah, you look like an Ezzie when your sad, suits you"She laughed unapologetically. "Oh, bye," I said with tears walking out, she thinks this is a joke. Once I got out of her room, Mrs.Michaelson her mother was standing outside the door, I dropped to my knees and cried into her knees. She rubbed the top of my head and said, "She'll remember soon, she loves you or should I say it in French?"She joked causing me to laugh."No, but I'm going home good night Mrs.M"I said "Call me mom"You'll be my daughter soon enough, she winked, humming wedding bells. "I don't think so, but night,"I said leaving the hospital

-----

SOOOOOO opinions?

Aida?

Ezra?

Comment/Vote