{17} That Makes Two Of Us

Começar do início

"I didn't realize you cared." Isabella looks at her with a small smile

Michelle shrugs and looks back at her, "I guess there are some things I don't tell you."

Isabella softly chuckles, "That makes two of us. How's Peter? Is he okay?"

"Yeah, I think so." Michelle shrugged, "I wasn't really paying attention."

"I want to be mad at him but I can't look at him without-"

"Being completely in love with him." Michelle wiggles her eyebrows

Isabella laughs, "I'm still mad at him. And I don't know what to say to him without thinking about kissing him again."

"Yeah, I saw that back at Liz's party." Michelle commented, "Look at you, taking risks for Parker."

Isabella rolls her eyes then adds, "I hope he'll take risks for me too."

"I think he would." Michelle folds her blanket and fixes the pillows, "I believe that Peter would do anything for you."

Isabella fixes her bed and there was a knock on the door. Michelle opened the door to Flash and she greeted, "What the hell brings you here?"

"Nice to see you too, Michelle." Flash smiles, "Liz wanted to tell you guys we're going to leave before it gets dark."

"Alright, bye." Michelle closes the door on him and Isabella laughs, "You're such an amazing person."

"Yeah, I know right?" Michelle fixes her hair, looking at herself in the mirror

She asked, "On the bus, do you want to sit together?"

"Honestly, I just want to be alone. Close my eyes and take a nap before we head back." Isabella answers and Michelle nods her head

She walks over to Isabella and wraps her arms around her, "Just saying, Bella, you're not alone anymore."

---

Later on that same day, Isabella placed her luggage on the bus and held onto her backpack with her laptop inside. Mr. Harrington called out names and counts the students as they entered into the bus.

Wearing her yellow blazer, she gets on the bus and walks to the back sitting on the seat closer to the window. Her eyes slowly move up and glanced over at Peter with his hood covering his face.

They make eye-contact and Isabella notices the sadness in his eyes that match his body language.

Peter heavily sighed and sat down in a seat. Ned goes over to Bella and asked, "Can I sit with you?"

"If it's about Peter..."

"It's not. Not all of it." Ned quickly said and Isabella moves her bag placing it on her lap.

Ned sits down and asked, "How are you feeling?"

"Like I just want to escape." Isabella looks at him, "How are you feeling?"

Ned trailed off, "Like I almost died..."

The bus started to move, heading back to Queens and the group started talking about what happened.

"Well, I don't know what to tell you, Ned." Isabella softly says

"Hey, I just want to say..." Ned told her, "Thank you, Bella. For saving my life earlier."

"I would anything to save my friends." Isabella said with a small smile, "Ned, promise me you won't tell Peter about what I told you in the elevator."

"Why is it such a big deal? Are you in some kind of trouble?" Ned asked and Isabella sighs, "The more people find out, the more I put myself and those who know in danger."

"Anthony thinks that if people know, his enemies will use me and eventually find a way to kill me." Isabella continues and Ned's eyes widen, "Woah."

"Yep, and I don't want Peter to find out because I'll be putting him in danger. If something were to happen to him or to anyone who knows about who I really am, and they die because of me, I don't know how I'll live with that."

Ned slowly nods his head in understanding, "I promise I won't say anything."

"Michelle knows too in case you're wondering." Isabella meekly says and Ned asked, "Wait, seriously?"

"It doesn't matter anymore, Ned. You guys know, now. To top it all, I'm moving, I don't know when but I am." Isabella leans her head back

"I don't want to leave you guys." She admits, "I can't just simply leave you guys behind."

"Bella, don't worry about it, okay? Everything happens for a reason. And you have a lot of people on your side, including me." Ned replied with a smile

"Thanks, Ned." Isabella smiled back. "I'm on your side too."