Chapter 14

Zanders POV
I wake up and Kayla is still asleep so I get out off bed as gently as possible. When I'm out I get changed and grab the baby sling before going on a run. I end up at the firehouse and see Matt playing with Mason. I walk over and Mason starts reaching toward me saying "dada." I pick him up an Matt gives me a side hug before helping me get the baby sling set up. When it's done I say bye and finish my run. When I get home I notice that Kayla is still asleep. I put Mason on the floor with his toys before going and getting a drink. I then put some toast on when Mason crawls into the kitchen. I pick him up and start to tickle him. After about 10 minuets I stop and Kayla walks in. I look at her and she says "I don't feel great." I nod and say "back to bed." She nods and goes back so I heat up some soup and take it to her. When I pass it to her she looks at me and says "have you ever thought about having kids." I nod and say "yeah but only with you." She smiles and says "good because I'm pregnant." I smile and say "this better not be a joke." She says "why would I joke." I shrug then there is a knock at the door so I go and answer it. When the door is open I see Jay stood there so I let him in. He sits on the sofa and picks Mason up before saying "you talk to your brother." I nod and say "We went yesterday and they had Mason overnight." He nods and says "I'm taking him for the day so you get another break." I nod before going and getting Masons bag and handing it to him. When he leaves I go towards the back room when the fire alarms start going off. I run to the bedroom and pick Kayla up in a blanket before running out with her. The trucks pull up and Matt gets out before motioning for me to put Kayla in the truck. When that is done I see the FBI roll up. I walk over to them and say "is there anything I can do to help." They shake there heads and say "civilians can't help with FBI cases." I quickly say "I'm not a civilian so let me help." They walk off and someone else walks over and says "I'm Sargent Maxwell Smith. Who are you?" I stick me hand out and say "Special Agent Zander Coleman." She nods and says "your meant to be joining is 3 days aren't you." I nod then she hands me a vest and a gun before telling me to stay close. We walk into the apartment building next door to find a shooter in apartment 625. I shout "put your gun down or I will be forced to shoot." He doesn't so I shoot. I don't even see where it hits I just see his body fall. A guy walks over and checks the body before saying "is he staying sarg we need a guy with a shot like this." She walks over and looks before calling me over. I walk over and look down to see a bullet hole right in the middle of the eyes. They look at me and say "where did you learn." I smile and say "I served in Afghanistan for 2 years then I was New York FBI for 2 years." They nod and I walk out the building to see Kayla stood outside the truck. I run over and put her back in before saying "I'm not letting you get ill." She nods so I close the door and walk back over to the FBI team. Maxwell sees me and say "everyone this is Zander. Zander this is Liam, Ben, Luke, William, Aaron, Noah,James and Aria." I nod and shake their hands when Jay run up holding Mason. I look at him before saying "she's in truck 51." He nods and Aaron looks at me before saying "what was that about." I smile and say "he was looking for my girlfriend." He looks at me and says "I'm guessing that's your kid." I nod and say "he's adopted." He smiles and says "your a good guy then." I shake my head and say "as a kid who went through the system I know what it's like to not have parents." He nods then Matt walks over and says "Gabby wants to have Mason again tonight if your alright with it." I nod and give him a hug before he says "do you want me to take Kayla back inside." I shake my head and say "nah I got it." I then run over to the truck and Aaron follows. I try to get both Mason and Kayla out but can't do Aaron says "let me help." I nod and pass Mason to him before picking Kayla up and taking her back to our house. Aaron follows and when I have put Kayla back in before I walk to the living room and take Mason off of him before we leave the house. Aaron smiles and says "who's the firefighter then." I smile and says "my brother." He nods then intelligence pulls up. Hank walk over and takes Mason before going into the house. Maxwell then walks over and says "do you want to start work now or when your meant to." I smile and say "if I say now am I allowed to bring my son with me." She nods and says "we can get a daycare set up in the spare office." I nod and say "I will go and grab my stuff." She nods and says "Luke,Liam,Noah go and put a crib in the spare office." They nod and leave so I go inside the house to see Kayla sat on the sofa. I look at her and say "your really not going to be easy about this are you?" She shakes her head so I say "I'm going to work now and I can take Mason with me or do you want him to stay here." She smiles and says "I want him here." I nod an kiss her head before going and grabbing my gun holster. I walk over and give her a proper kiss before saying "I will see you when I get back." She nods and I walk out to see Aaron stood there. He smiles and says "no kid." I smile and say "she wants him to stay there. Why are you still here." He smiles and says "a man has got to help his partner."