Chapter 11

Kaylas POV
Me and Zander have just finished packing and loading everything into the van ready for Chicago. I pick Mason up and take him to Zanders car and get him buckled in. I then get in passenger and Zander gets in the drivers seat. About half way there I turn to check on Mason to see that he is asleep. I start talking to Zander and he says "is there a court house in Chicago." I nod and say "why?" He starts smiling and says "I want to adopt Mason. That is if it's ok with you." I smile and say "it's fine with me." He gives me a quick kiss before concentrating with the driving. I lean my head against the window and apparently I fell asleep because the next thing I know is Zander has woken me up. I sit up and look at him and he says "we are 5 minuets away from our new house." I smile and say "that means your a day away from meeting the rest of my family." He smiles and says "I doubt they are that bad." I smirk and say "a precinct full of cops,a hospital and a firehouse. Sure you can believe my family isn't bad." He laughs then stops the car. I get out to see the van leaving so I get Mason out and walk into the house to see everything in place. Zander comes in and says "I'm guessing this was your grandad." I nod and say "just means you can meet my family quicker." He shrugs so I quickly change Mason before we go to the precinct. I walk up to the front desk and say "Trudy can you let us up please." She nods and says "welcome home." I nod and we walk up the stairs and the first thing I heard was "and there is our new detective and Special Agent." I look at Zander and say "can you watch Mason while I talk to my dad please." He nods and takes him out my arms so I walk over to dad and say "can I talk to you in the locker room please." He nods so we walk to the lockers and sit down. The first thing I say is "I'm sorry for running off." He nods and gives me a hug before saying "is Zander Masons dad then." I shake my head. Dad looks confused so I say "the reason I went is because I got raped again. I went to New York and found out I was pregnant. I was staying with a friend and when I went into labour she called Voight and he came down. I'm sorry I should have just told you." He nods and says "when I found out you were gone I convinced myself that I was a terrible father." I shake my head and say "you were and amazing father." He smiles and gives me another hug and I say "is uncle Will at work." He nods and says "he has missed you." I nod and walk out to see everyone interrogating Zander. I walk over and take Mason before pulling Zander up and walking out. When we get outside he gives me a kiss and we begin walking to med. When we get outside I turn to Zander and say "you ready." I nods so we walk in and I see Connor in the football. I walk over and say "can you page my uncle please. He doesn't know I'm here." Connor nods and says "how is your knee. You didn't get given a brace did you." I shake my head and say "it aches a bit but that's it." He nods and says "I'm gonna go and get you a brace for it." I nod then I see Uncle Will walk in. Connor walk back in and calls him over before helping me get the knee brace on. When he's done he says "I have done my part to help the rest is up to you." I nod and he walk off so I look at my uncle and say "can we go outside and get a coffee." He nods and says "Maggie I'm taking my break." Then we walk out. Zander sits on the bench with Mason while me and uncle Will get the coffees. He looks at me and says "can you just say what you need to." I nod and say "hi uncle Will I'm back." He says "Kayla." I nod and he starts to give a massive hug. He pulls away and points and Zander and says "who's he and why does he have a kid." I smile and say "that's my boyfriend and he has a kid because that is my son." I call Zander over and he puts his out towards uncle Will and say "nice to meet you mr Halstead I'm special agent Zander Coleman." Uncle Will shakes his hand and I say "I'm telling you now I'm in intelligence." He nods and Zander says "and she's ex FBI." Uncle Will looks at me so I smile and say "we need to go now." He nods and gives me another hug before going back to work. I turn to Zander and say "all that's left now is the firehouse but you already know some of them." He nods and I take Mason off of him before we begin the walk to the firehouse. When we arrive I see Gabby with her back to me so I walk over and tap her shoulder making her jump. She turns around and sees me before saying "how long you staying." I smile and say "how does forever sound." She gives me a hug before taking me in and telling me to sit on the sofa. I do as I'm told and I see Zander talking to Kelly. He turns and looks at me before walking over and sitting next to me. He whispers in my ear "I really wish we were at home so we could christen our bed." I laugh and push him and he falls on the floor. I laugh more and he says "now I understand why Carter hated you pushing him over." I smile and say " I doubt I'm that bad." He laughs the Gabby walks over with coffee and says "why are you on the floor." He points at me and Gabby gives me a high. He gets up before sitting next to me and whispering in my ear "you know I wasn't joking about before." I smile and says "want to go home then." He nods and gets up before grabbing Mason and running out to the car. I get up and walk out and get in before Zander starts the car and drives to our house. When we get there he puts Mason to bed before we start making out. Eventually we christen our bed before falling asleep.