Chapter 29

Did I update late? Yes? No?

Anyway, enjoy!

****

Guanlin

"You may leave now." My father said to Mina in a low, monotonous tone.

I heard her fast footsteps moving towards the door and faded away when the door closed. My father let out a sigh as he laid back on his backrest.

Silence fell into the room. The air felt very weird and tensed. I didn't like the feeling of what's going to happen next.

Suddenly, I heard my father's voice as he spoke. "Do you think Mina's lying?" He asked.

I instantly looked up when he asked that question. My heart started to beat a little faster. Don't tell me he knew...

I kept a straight face. "Uhm...do you think so?" I raised my eyebrows.

He cocked his head to the side as he became thoughtful for a moment. "Hmm..." He hummed. "Well...I don't think she is. Who called her yesterday?" He asked.

"Me." I said without any hesitation.

"Then...I'm sure she's not. Unless you're telling me that you're lying..."

I let out a chuckle before answering. "Why would I lie?" I asked.

"I don't know. That thought just came into my head." He shrugged his shoulders.

I looked at table as I stared into space. I guess I've played my part. Now, I have to pray that she wouldn't get punished.

I don't think she would though. From what I think about it now, I think he fell into my trap.

Honestly, I actually do care for her. I don't want anyone to punish her. Especially my father. I'm not going to let anyone hurt her.

But thinking about it, I think there's a higher chance that he wouldn't punish her at all.

Usually, my father would realise that I'm lying. If he knew, he would've scolded me and probably punish me I guess.

The weirdest part is, he believed me for the first time. He actually f*cking believed me.

That's very...strange...

Its over, anyways. I don't think I should care about it. If he believes it, then we're good. That's all I'm gonna say.

I stayed silent as I replayed the scene in my head. I couldn't help but smirk at the thought.

No one can hurt you now, cheonsa.

****

Mina

I was cleaning one of the rooms when I heard the door suddenly open behind me. I quickly turned around and saw Guanlin closing the door.

Oh my god...him again?!

I really didn't want to see him or talk to him after that incident. I still can't forget about it. Like it keeps repeating in my head.

He turned around as he walked towards me. "What do you want from me?" I asked as I walked backwards.

I walked until my butt hit against a table. "I want you." He whispered harshly to me. My breath almost hitched at his answer.

My heart started drumming really fast and my stomach did a weird flip. My cheeks were heating up. What happened to him all of a sudden? 

"W-What's wrong with you?" I asked, my voice shaking. I was still quite shocked of his words.