Some Kind Of Magic

Start from the beginning

"I don't understand why you're being so hostile. I'm trying to help you, you know?" Lonnie said starting to become a little irritated by your hostility.

"I do NOT trust you. There is nothing that you can do to make me trust you. And if it turns out you've been lying to me then I'll be sure to add a few new scars to your face," you threatened Lonnie with fury in your eyes. There was nothing you could use against him, and it began driving you crazy.

You knew he was hiding some ulterior motives, your gut was telling you. But maybe this was one of those rare instances where your gut was wrong. Maybe Lonnie is a good guy with only the best intentions.

"C'mon now, that's just uncalled for. I'm really trying to help you, that's all," Lonnie remained calm as he tried to, at least somewhat, to calm you down. Perhaps you are simply overreacting. Maybe it's time to stop being on high alert all the time and try to trust someone regardless of what your gut is telling you. Who knows how many great friends you might have been missing out on.

You simply scoffed at his response. "Of course you do."

But today was not the day you would let your guard down. Maybe someday, but not today.

Asriel simply sat there feeling totally out of place while you and Lonnie were arguing back and forth.

At some point you simply got up, dumped your remaining food out into the garbage and left for your classes. The day had just started and you were already furious.

Despite your irritated mood, you tried to focus on class to the best of your ability. In your Magic class, the professor decided it was time for the first practical applications. After the basic introductions, everyone moved to the practice rooms.

Of course you had no idea how to use magic, let alone what type of magic you could use. Not that you actually needed to know how to use magic, seeing that you are well versed on all sorts of combat.

You still tried to summon the magic that may or may not lie dormant within you. Further increasing your arsenal of defense wouldn't cause any harm, at least not to you.

Though try as you might, you simply couldn't summon anything except frustration. The closest you actually got to magic was a tiny spark in your hand, which vanished just as quickly as it appeared.

"A very good attempt, but you need to focus a little more on the magic within you and channel it. Once you can feel it, release it. Here, try again," Toriel, your professor for this class, spoke in a reassuring voice.

You tried again, focusing on the embers of magic within you, hoping you could reignite them into a raging inferno. In a quick motion, you raised an arm to your other shoulder, crossing in over your chest as you focused on the power hidden within you. With another quick motion, you pointed your arm forward.

While you didn't see anything, you could hear something hitting the floor. It seems as if your magic had finally summoned something! The magic was slowly starting to take shape within you.

You could hear a satisfied hum coming from behind you. "Good job, you're learning quickly," Toriel praised, which didn't seem like all that much of an accomplishment to you. You barely made any progress.

As the hour continued, you tried again and again. You focused until you felt a certain tingle in your fingertips and you shot your arm forward. Sometimes you heard the sound of something falling to the ground again, but most of the time, your efforts remained fruitless.

You let out a frustrated grunt as you let your arms drop beside you. After performing the same motions over and over again, you began to feel very tired. Maybe magic wasn't for you.