Make Believe

"____, wake up already!" Asriel was shaking you awake, nearly shouting at you.

You slowly opened your eyes, looking at Asriel with a drowsy expression.

"What?" Your voice sounded everything but happy.

"Morning." Asriel chirped, shooting a wide smile at you.

"Seriously? That's why you woke me up? Just to say morning?" You expression turned into a frown, causing Asriel to back away immediately.

"I simply thought that, know that you're my boyfriend, we should spend some time together." Asriel looked past you, awkwardly shuffling in place as he twiddled his thumbs.

"I am NOT your boyfriend." You heavily emphasized the not, ears flickering.

"Not yet." Asriel whispered, hoping you wouldn't hear him.

"Come again?" Your eyes narrowed down and you almost hissed at him.

"N- nothing, I didn't say anything." Panic was slowly sinking into Asriel's heart.

You sighed and crawled out from underneath the covers, disappearing in the bathroom soon after. Today would be a long, long day and you weren't really looking forward to it. Out of all the things that could happen in college, having to pretend to be in a relationship with someone you'd consider acquaintance at best was definitely not one of them.

And of course you agreed, you just had to even though you really didn't want to. It was either that or dealing with a bunch of imbeciles. After finishing up you left the bath again and were immediately met with Asriel gaze.

"Want do you want to do today?" Asriel asked, looking at you with a hopeful expression.

"Don't know." You shrugged, looking at Asriel with an indifferent expression.

"How does breakfast sound?" He chirped.

"Sounds good." You replied. If there was one thing he could bait you with, it's food.

Once in front of your dorm, Asriel immediately locked arms with you. With hearts for eyes he walked by your side in hopes that, soon, everyone would think you're actually dating. As per usual you passed numerous students on your way to the cafeteria. They were still gossiping about you but it seemed as if Decora kept his word.

The vast majority of rumors died down and those few rumors that did persist were nothing to worry about. Halfway to the cafeteria however, you were approached by someone, whose face you involuntarily remembered. It was the guy that broke up with his girlfriend because he hoped to get a chance with Asriel.

"OH. MY. GOSH. WHY are you, you out of all the people, dating the prince?" He looked at you with a hateful expression.

"I mean, seriously. Why would the prince, or anyone for that matter, even think about dating you? You're scum, nothing more and nothing less." His continuous rambling slowly began to irritate you.

"Do you know each other?" Asriel asked, visibly confused.

"Nope, all I know is that he broke up with his girlfriend in hopes of getting the chance to date you." You replied in a mocking tune, shooting the guy a scornful look.

"Wait, he did what?" Asriel seemed bewildered. Why would anyone break up with their partner because of him.

The guy simply scoffed. "You know what, keep dating that douchebag but don't come crying once he dumps you. Whatever he does to you, you deserve it for dating him." Whoever this guy was, he sounded livid.