-Chapter 14-

Y/N's P.O.V

"You see sir, what happened was that Joshy. Our android had a mind of his own. He took Dad's gun and s-shot everyone." Christopher started tearing up again.

This time Colton placed a hand on his back and comforted him. A warm smile on his features and a small glint in his eye.

"You can tell us when your ready Kiddo, okay?" His baritone voice soothed Christopher. He stopped crying but was still hiccuping. I ran over and scooped him up, a thing I did with my Christopher when he started crying or feel like he was about to.

The small boy clinged to my shirt and let the dam that was holding back his tears break. I rubbed circles into his back and held him close like a mother would. His crying seemed to cease, but his eyes were bloodshot and puffy. Christopher's cheeks were stained with tear tracks. It didn't help that he was shivering, but it was the middle of summer!

"Maybe I should take the day off and get you home." With my case finally off, I was able to work in the field again. I hated sitting at that desk with mountains of paperwork. He nodded and sniffled. I sighed and sat him in the back seat of my car.

"Alright, let's go see what happened this time Turtle!" We both walked to the scene of the crime.

This crime scene, was enough to traumatize the world's toughest people. There was blood almost everywhere. The bodies of Christopher's family, they were in a state. What type of android did this?

I saw Colton take a look around, even cringing at the sight.

"You take Christopher home. I got this, he shouldn't be here longer than he needs to be."

"Are you sure? I mean, you and Gavin aren't on the best of terms and if I come back and find you broken or something, I'm breaking you again along with him!"

A chuckle came from the android. "I promise you that I'll try my best and stay in one piece. Now go on, I'll inform Fowler that you left early."

"Alright. Better have your head on your shoulders when I come back for you!" I huffed my way out of the house and got into my car, turning my rearview mirror at Christopher.

"Miss, aren't you supposed to be in there? Helping them?" He questioned me, his hiccups seemed to die down and his sniffling stopped.

"I was, but now I'm taking you for a drive or to my house. Which one would you like?"

"Your house please Miss, I kinda sleepy." He yawned and leaned his head on the seatbelt.

"Alright, just call me Y/N, it'll do okay?" He gave a small nod before falling asleep. I let out a heartfelt sigh. This small boy has seen so much and so much has been taken away from him.

I'll be taking care of him now, no one else is going to lay a finger on him. But, why does he remind me so much of my little brother?

They have the same brown hair. That cute button nose that I can pinch all day. Their smiles are exactly the same.

But his eyes, they look just like Chris's. A deep rich brown with a sparkle that needs to be protected and kept sparkling.

Is life mocking me? Or sending me a sign?

(QUICK QUESTION Y'ALL! Would you like a Gavin and Colton love triangle with the reader? A good person brought it up in the comments. And to make this book to your liking....I'm asking you all! So just leave a thumbs up or thumbs down if you would like to see that happen! Thank You!)