-Chapter 29-

Y/N's P.O.V

Scratch going to see Kamski now, there's a new murder Folwer dumped on me. Now I have to take Colton with me, since this case requires him too. At least it won't be weird and awkward between us.

"So, Ms. Stuffie? Weird name for a victim."

"Not as weird as the first name. Yo, that's it. She must have changed it from her original name."

I chuckled and looked at the android, thinking hard and long. Trying to gather evidence before the case even starts. But will CyberLife ever recall his model? I know there is more like him out there, but I'm starting to hear rumors of them being recalled for some types of errors.

"Y/N, can you hear me?"

A sharp baritone voice crashed my train of thought. Ouch, send my regards to the passengers.

"What?"

"I asked, does she have a spouse or any family?"

"Her file says a husband, Marcus Pierce and a few family members. Y'know, father and siblings and all that."

He nodded and grabbed my jacket.

"We have a crime scene to investigate, Detective. I suggest we get going." He draped the jacket over my shoulder and took the keys from my back pocket. I felt a light pinch on my ass as he did so. The smug bastard walked away winking.

"So. . .you and the plastic card are back? Good, now I won't have him all over my place, tossing my beers out."

The voice of a ferret cop reached my ears. Gavin Reed, the DPD's. . .donut loving cop. He is great at his work, don't get me wrong! Just the attitude he has.

"Yep! Now see you later, Ms. Stuffie's case isn't closed yet."

I dashed out the office to my car, seeing a slightly ticked off RK900 leaning on it.

"Y/N. Please, we have a case to do. Besides, you already have a boyfriend. Me.~"

A blush dusted my face, this new attitude he has, I kind of like it. Getting into the passenger seat, we startes out decent.

Small Time Skip

It was a semi-long drive, a few jokes here and there and then it felt a bit shorter.

"So this is it? I expected something smaller, not a mansion!"

"No, it's not a mansion, just a custom house."

Still, a mansion fits the term better. Even if he says custom house.

"Where's the husband? We have to ask a few questions now."

I asked, looking around, cop cars and ambulances surrounded the area. Police holographic tape blocking all the entrances and exits.

"He's over there."

Colton pointed to a muscular man, shorter than him by a few inches. But blonde hair, sitting on the back of an ambulance. A shock blanket around his shoulders and a tear soaked grey shirt. Colton and I slowly approached him, just standing a foot away.

"Mr. Pierce? Mind if we have a word?"

"S-sure. . .go ahead."

His voice was broken and quivering, holding back sobs more likely.

"Mr. Pierce, why not change to your wife's last name? Or have her change her last name to your's?"

Colton asked, it may have been a bit much, the poor guy started breaking down again.

"I-I don't know! We never really discussed the last name thing. Just h-happy with each other!"

His voice was now course and quivering still. He must have loved her, so is he off the list.

"Mr. Pierce, can you please explain what happened. Your side of the story?"

I asked once again, sending Colton a small glare. He just rolled his eyes and scoffed.

"I got home late from work, like always. I thought she was upstairs in bed asleep. But all I see is a puddle of blood with my wife in the center in our room. S-she. . ."

"Mr. Pierce, all information is needed."

"She was going to have our first child."

Those words stung me deeply, even Colton changed his demeanor a bit.

"Sir. . .I am truly sorry for your loss. We'll find out who did this. But would you please come back to the station for further questioning?"

"Y-yeah, sure."

With that said Colton and I made our way to the crime scene.

"Think he's telling the truth?"

I asked the android hunched over a bloody puddle. Still again, I don't know why CyberLife created him to sniff blood. I mean just from looking at it would have been enough.

"He was, based on his actions and tone. Along with posture, and the hormones his body was releasing is enough to determine the truth."

"Well then. Let's crack open this case."

I stood back and let Colton do his thing.

"The murder weapon. It's gone."

"Pardon?"

"It's nowhere to be found. No tracks or anything. Not even a hair. The killer cleaned up after themselves."

That is not the oddest thing to happen, but not even a scrap of DNA. We have a professional on our hands.

"Looks like it's time to examine the body."

YER! I'm not dead- well maybe I am? Who knows!? Many have requested a new chapter and or to finish the book. That I shall try to do! This was honestly thrown together in math class. So I hope this suffices for now until further chapters! Until then, see ya!

~Stuffie 💛