Small Blade: The Struggle for Trost, Part 3

Start from the beginning

"YOU'RE LYING SHE SAID SHE'D COME BACK SHE PROMISED!" Jean shouted desperately looking around to see if this was one of her sick jokes.

"I'm so sorry Mikasa it should have been me that died not Eren and Chrysanthe I...I couldn't do a thing! I'm worthless" Armin told her crying. Mikasa kneeled down placing her hand on his "Armin.." she said causing the boy to look up "Calm yourself we haven't got time you to get emotional right now On your feet" she told him pulling him up to his feet.

Mikasa then walking away "Marco..if we eliminate or bypass  the titans at HQ we can there refuel our gear allowing us to get back over the wall is that assignment correct?" she asked him.

"Uh yeah I guess so sure but there's just too many of them out there...even with you on point!" Marco said "I can do it!" Mikasa cut him off pulling out her sword raising it above her head "I'm strong real strong! non of you come close you here me! I am a warrior! Know this I have the power to slay all off the titans that block our path even if I have to do it alone....as far as I'm concerned I am surrounded  by a bunch of unskilled cowardly worms!" she then pointed her sword to them "You disappoint me You can just sit here and twiddle your thumbs  and watch how it's done!" 

"Wait! Mikasa are you out of your mind that's crazy!" A female cadet told her "You can't be serious! trying to take them out by yourself!" A male shouted at her "There's no way you could hope to beat them!" Another make said.

"If I can't beat them then I die," Mikasa said turning around "But if I win I live and the only way to win is to fight!" She then swung off.

The other cadets stared in shock "You know I was expecting something more motivational like Chrysanthe's but your way with words was kinda a led mark" Jean pulled out his blades "I blame every thing on you Eren, and this is for Chrysanthe...." he then turned to his comrades "Hey! don't just stand there! we weren't taught to let our comrades fight alone unless you are a cowered which case stay out of my way!" Jean shouted to them zipping off. 

Soon a battle cry was heard from the rest of them as they all followed to the HQ, Mikasa killed every titan in her path "Hurry up follow Mikasa avoid landing if you can get to HQ before you run out of gas!" Jean yelled back to every one.

"Woah! Mikasa's a badass! How is she going so fast!?" Conny stated Armin realized she was using too much gas.

Mikasa continued to kill titans but just as Armin predicted Mikasa ran out of gas and soon fell hitting a wall falling down Armin went after her and so did Conny.

Mikasa laid in an ally way staring to the sky'It happened....why this again' she lifted her broken blade up 'I've lost my family'  she then jumped down from the dumpster and fell to her knees 'Why....wasn't the first enough it's all over nothing left for them to take from me......'  Mikasa said in her head.

Booming of foot steps approached her a titan made their way towards her but Mikasa stayed there placing her blades back in their holders'this world is cruel but it's also....it's also beautiful' Mikasa thought of Eren giving her his scarf then Chrysanthe protecting her .

Mikasa lifted her head to look at the titan'It was a good life'  Mikasa closed her eyes waiting on it but something sparked inside of her once it's hand came close to her, she sliced it finger jumping out the way.

The titan brought it's other hand down causing Mikasa to slam against the wall but the titan wasn't done 'why...I had already given up' Mikasa rolled on the ground from the impact.

'so why....why am I struggling' Mikasa looked at a fruit on the ground 'Why do I keep getting up?'  the titan got up but soon fell down.

'why am I still fighting?' Mikasa asked looking at the fruit as light shun on it 'I mean...I've lost any reason to live!' she gets up from the ground 'What keeps pushing me?'.

The titan recover and towers over Mikasa with a mindless smile Mikasa stepped back and turned to run but two other come out from behind her Eren and Chrysanthe's words echoed in her head 'I'll never give up again' tears ran down Mikasa's face as the titan came closer.

Mikasa let out a battle cry to attack the titan but the other male leaned forward and punched the other causing Miksas to fly up just a bit but before she could the ground a giant hand caught her "What was that?" Mikasa asked then gasped looking where the hand was.

She looked up to the other titan then to the female one, this one was different her golden eyes shined brightly and she had long flowing blonde hair she was beautiful.

Mikasa watched in shock as the other male was killing the other one, the new titan finished and looked over to the female who was still holding Mikasa.

The new female brought Mikasa closer to her face at the same time Armin was looking for Mikasa and caught the sight of her near a titan's mouth.

He swing in and swooped Mikasa out and on to a roof top, the new titan look down towards them "Mikasa are you alright?"Armin asked her "Are you guys alright?"Conny asked landing next to them "Yeah" Armin replied looking up to the female titan "Whoa Then we better get outta here!" Conny said then saw the female titan looking down to them "W-what is that doing....Crap! two 15 meter titans!".

"No! that ones different so is she!" Mikasa pointed to the female one who was now looking at Armin.

The male titan roared at the other one and it roared back the new one slammed it fist to the other one's head causing it to pitch off its body in to a tower, which shook the building Armin, Mikasa and Conny was on Armin was about to fall off but a gentle hand stopped him and pulled him back on.

The new male stepped on the other titans nape finishing it off  

"I-It just finished it off It new exactly where the weak spot was" Armin said looking up to the female "Come on guys time to split the last thing we want is him coming our way!" Conny urged "No he has no reaction to us neither any other titan would have been on top of us by now," Armin said then looked up to the other titan who was watching then "And...she's even gentle and protective...that's her only response! she seem fascinated by us".

A giant finger came down to rub Armin's head gently but the other male roared to her making her let out a small roar then ran off with it.

"It seemed to understand the skill of hand to hand combat what are these thing?"Mikasa said "Just chalk it up as another abnormals they're all an unpleasant surprise..right?...forget about it let's just get out of here" Conny told them.

"Wait a minute! hold on! Mikasa's tanks are empty!"Armin stopped them "HUH what are we gonna go how are we gonna clear HQ without you!" Conny shouted "There is only one thing to do!" Armin removed his tanks and gave it to Mikasa "I know there isn't very much left in them..but it's better then your empty ones" 

"Armin!" Mikasa yelled at him "This is our only choice it would be a complete waste is I keep them but.....use this gas more sparingly everyone's lives are riding on you" Armin firmly told her "There! the ODM gear is functional I restocked your blades," Armin told them then picked up the broken ones "Just...leave me this one ok...It's just that would rather this be my end than being eaten alive" the blade was taken from his hands and thrown over the building.

Mikasa kneeled next to him grasping his hand "Armin..I will not leave you behind" Mikasa told him pulling him up and stared after the two feeling something familiar about the two.                                                                 

                                                                                 ~