Chapter 3

Incident

Karma saw both his mum and dad awaiting in front of him, their facial expressions full of disgust and hatred.

"Why were you late? Boy," His father asked in a menacing tone.

Karma was quiet for a little while, then spoke, "I-I was escorting a old lady to her house because she didn't feel safe, please d-dont hit me!" He put his arms up for defence.

The smell of the room was almost suffocating. Filled with the stench of booze and other unknown alcohols.

'Shit. He's drunk.'

The Redhead looked at his mother. Karma was almost shocked to the expression on her face. It was sadness and regret. Now, Karma's mum does shout or hit Karma. But it rarely ever happens and her attacks are always so light, it's been on his mind for days. It's always her husband who takes charge, as she just watches from the sidelines. Unexpectedly, his father moves close to him and hugs him. Karma didn't understand what was going on, until he heard these words.

"It's ok. We believe you."

Were they finally showing a bit of love and compassion to him? To this innocent young boy?

"U-Uhm.." Karma stuttered.

Without realising, his father charged his right fist towards Karma's face. The impact caused him to collapse right onto the wooden floor. He groaned, attempting to pick himself up, but his dad placed his foot on his son and hardly pressed on his ribs. Karma screamed in pain, his scream loud enough for the neighbours to hear. His dad soon applied more pressure. This is a vital spot on the body to attack as it could kill a man using the right amount of force.

"YOU THINK WE BELIEVE YOU?! DO YOU ACTUALLY THINK THAT, WELL YOU'RE WRONG BOY!"

Tears were streaming down his face, he couldn't take this anymore. He couldn't stand living, he couldn't stand being with his father.

What happened to our family?

Why'd it turn out this way?

Why am I so defenseless against him and not anyone else?

Why can't I just kill myself?

Why?

Why?

WHY?!

He snapped back to reality, still receiving punches, kicks from his father. His already hurt arm and leg pained the most on his body. Seems like going to the infirmary was absolutely useless. Karma looked at his red headed mother and teared up even more.

She never wanted it to be this way.

His father ran to the living room, Karma desperately trying to escape but his father being to fast, (because of his 'perfectly fine state body.') grabbed Karma and threw a wooden chair at him. Karma spat blood and gagged. His mother's eyes widened, this has gone too far. Too too far.

"Stop," His mother said quietly.

"Stop," She repeated again, more loudly.

"I SAID FUCKING STOP!"

She ran to her husband, grabbing his hair and kneed it as hard as she could and I swear, there was a crack noise. Karma never got his natural fighting skills from his dad. He got them from his mother. His mother was always a naughty, violent girl during her school days. She'd beat up boys and girls in higher years than her. They even gave her a nickname, The Red Devil. The man, fell back holding his nose which seemed broken, with a couple of teeth fallen out. She picked up karma and put him on her back.