Chapter 2- Can't Believe This

Ethan's POV*******

I start walking down the hallway, behind me I can hear Skylar's quick steps down the hallway as well. I know she's trying to make it to class on time. I glance back at her and see her walk into the class room just as the bell rings. I smile, I can't help it. I absentmindedly run my hand through my hair thinking about the way her wavy blonde hair fell around her shoulders, and her beautiful green eyes, and her sweet innocent but seductive smile. And that dress... While it was not slutty, as seemed to be the dress code here, it was alluring. It clung to all the right places and...... I shake my head trying to stop the images from flashing through my head.

This can't happen. I tell myself before turning and walking to the office. Where I was heading before I ran into Skylar. Just thinking her name makes me smile, and kick myself at the same time. This seriously can't happen. I walk into the office hoping that she won't be in any of my classes. Deep down I had a feeling that I would be seeing her again, soon too, and if I was honest with myself I wanted to see her again.

Skylar's POV********

I walk into the room and my home room teacher Mrs. Chambers looks at me with a frown.

"Have a seat Skylar." She says, not sounding very happy. Then again she never sounds happy does she? I take a seat in the back of the class at the desk I have sat at for the last 3 years. Thinking that this will be the last year I will sit in this desk makes my stomach do flip-flops. It's exciting, but also scary at the same time.

When the announcements come on I zone out thinking about Ethan. I wonder what homeroom he was in. What classes did he have? Would we have any together? If my stomach was doing flip-flops before it was doing somersaults now. Thinking about his smile and his eyes makes my heart beat faster. I have only felt like this once before, and that was with my ex-boyfriend Dylan. Just thinking about him makes me feel hurt and angry at the same time. I shake the thoughts and feelings away as the teacher passes out our schedules.

I knew already what my classes were going to be. I knew I had AP English Lit, and I was supposed to have intro to poetry and photography, and economics. This was the last high school classes I would ever take. I suddenly couldn't wait until December. When everyone else got out for Christmas Break, I would be out for good. I would be a High School Graduate.

All through high school I have doubled up on my core classes. Making sure to get all my credits in. I could have graduated a year early, but I was waiting on Rae and Gage. Yeah we were all graduating early. We have planned since 9th grade to graduate early and then go on a cross country road trip or something before going off to college. Thinking of them I was dying to know what classes they had.

When I get my schedule I look at it and smile. It was just what I wanted. Well mostly anyway Economics, AP English Lit, and Intro to Poetry and Photography. I knew I was going to Mr. Johnson for economics. He was like the only economics teacher we had. I smiled when I see that I do in fact have him as a teacher. I don't recognize the name of my Lit. teacher though a Mr. Knight.

" Must be a new teacher." I mumble to myself, and then remember that we did have a teacher last year with that name. Or was that Kite? I couldn't remember, but he was weird. I hoped that it wasn't him. I didn't look at who my teacher was for Intro I knew it was probably going to be Mrs. Hughes. She always taught that class.

I feel my phone vibrate and look down to see I have a text from Rae.

[What period do you have economics?]

I quickly type back my response, and waiting for her to reply. It only took a minute and my phone vibrated with a response.

[Damn! I got it last. What about lit?]