Chapter 4 || Consequences

"Taylor we need her in 5 minutes." A stage hand called out to me.

"She's almost done!" I shouted back while my hands worked diligently to put the finishing touches on Lyla's makeup. "So what's today's scene? Luann told me to make sure everything was waterproof." Putting my brush down Lyla finally opened her eyes with a huff, "You really don't wanna know." I couldn't help but chuckle, lifting my hands in surrender. The blonde shook her head before standing up and getting a good look at herself in the mirror, "You're the only person I trust to do my face." Lyla and I shared a look in the mirror as a smirk grew on my face, "Don't even say it."

-

"You're heading out?" Lyla asked as we made out way out to the set. "Yep, you were my last for today." She nodded when I noticed Gemma sitting beside Luann. The women exchanged words before Gemma stood up, storming past us. "Hey I'll catch up with you tomorrow." I said as I quickly went after Gemma.

"Hey! Gemma!" I called out making the older woman stop in the middle of the parking lot. "Are you okay?" Making my way to stand in front of her I could see the tears slowly forming in her eyes. The uncharacteristic show of emotion caught me off guard completely, and Gemma seemed to notice. "Do you wanna take a ride?"

-

The car and Gemma's words came to a stop as we pulled up next to the pharmacy.

"So he-"

"Yes, he did." Gemma said, cutting me off before the haunting words could come out of my mouth. "I'm sorry Gem." Shaking her head she looked over to me, "You didn't fuck some tart bitch from Nevada."

"I gotta go pick up something, I'll be right back." I nodding, she got out of the car and entered the building. Just then my phone began to ring. Jax.

"Hey you." I said, answering the call. Jax let out a chuckle before clearing his throat, "Hey I'm gonna go check on the kid and then I was thinking we could hang out back at the clubhouse. I need you to show me how to change a diaper before he gets home." It was my turn to laugh, I wasn't one to pass up any opportunity to hang out with Jax so of course I agreed. "Yeah sounds good I'm with your mom now, just waiting on her to pick something up." Just as the words left my mouth Gemma walked out of the pharmacy with a small bag in her hand. She was heading to the car when her eyes landed on a girl in shorts with a cherry tattooed on her thigh. "Skinny bitch." She mumbled, throwing her bag into the car and picking up a skate board.

A gasp left my lips as she swung it, whacking the girl right in her face. I could already see the blood pouring out of her hand that cupped her nose. "Taylor?! You alright?" Jax asked with concern growing in his voice. "I-I gotta call you back." Hanging up the phone I jumped out of the car.

"Gemma!"

-

The Next Day

Two solid knocks on my door jolted me awake. "What?" I shouted sitting up in bed. "Hey Half Sack and Lowell are gonna start boxing. Do you wanna come watch?" I heard Tig ask from the other said of the door. "Y-Yeah dad I'll be out in a minute."

With a groan I stretched out my body, still clad in the clothes I was wearing yesterday. Rolling my eyes I remembered I had fallen asleep while waiting for Jax, who never showed up. I stood up and began stripping as I made my way to the bathroom to take a shower.

-

Walking outside I saw the two men messing around in the ring, mostly Sack tagging Lowell up. "Aye there she is!" Chibs called out. "Sleepin' beauty!" The men let out a chuckle while I flipped Chibs off. Stepping up on the chair I took a seat on top of the picnic table, "Is that really fair?"