Chapter 13 || Comfort

"Just take me home."

The silence that fell over the room was almost deafening. Tara's eyes were trained to the floor. However, Jax did not look away from me. Without having to say another word, Opie guided me out of the bathroom. The tears that had brimmed my eyes moments before had now begun to fall as we made our way out of the warehouse. I sucked in a breath of fresh air in hopes it would help the nauseous feeling that overtook me. Opie held me steady as we approached his truck before opening the door and helping me inside.

He gave me a moment to get settled but watched as I stared straight ahead, letting the silent tears fall. With a sympathetic sigh, Opie gently brought his thumb up to wipe the tears that had graced my cheeks. Turning my head I watched as he grabbed ahold of the seat belt before reaching over me, unintentionally pressing his body against mine. My eyes lingered on the man I called my best friend. The signature dark blue beanie adored his head as it always did and his long beard tickled my exposed arm as he fiddled with the buckle. He was warm and his scent brought a sense of comfort to my previous unsettled feeling. Opie leaned back letting his eyes catch mine, "Are you okay?" I nodded, my cheeks suddenly feeling warm under his gaze.

With that he closed the truck door and started around the front of the vehicle when I noticed the familiar head of blonde hair making his way out of the party. Opie noticed too. The two men met halfway in the parking lot, Jax looking behind Opie to where I sat in the truck. Despite not being able to hear what was being discussed, neither one looked happy. The exchange ended with Opie leaving his brother standing there alone.

"What did he want?" I questioned as Opie got into the truck before starting up the engine. "Nothing." After the night I had just had, and the tone in the larger man's voice I knew it was best to just leave it. But I couldn't help the curiosity from taking over my mind.

-

Adjusting the towel to sit on the top of my head, I made my way down the hallway before stopping at the slightly cracked door. I peaked in to see Ellie and Kenny peacefully asleep in their shared bedroom when I heard a muffled thud coming from the living room. With furrowed brows, I rounded the corner only to see Opie kicking off his boots from his place on the couch. Sensing my presence Opie glanced up, it was then that I noticed the well made and blown up air mattress in the middle of the room. It was something I had invested in it after many nights of staying over to help with the kids. "Y-Yeah I uh..I blew it up while you were in the shower." He said rubbing the back of his neck. "Figured you'd be ready for bed after all that shit." My heart swelled at the sweet gesture and a smile overtook my lips. Standing up Opie grabbed his boots, stopping where I stood in the doorway before placing a gentle kiss to the top of my head. "Night T." 

As Opie began to walk away, I reached out grabbing his arm. Opie looked down to where we were connected then up at me, "Stay." Opie stared down at me for a moment before walking over to the front door and placing his boots down. Following behind me we both sunk down onto the blown up bed on the floor. A grunt left Opie's lips as he knelt down, "Fuck I'm getting too old for this shit." I let out giggle, letting my head hit the pillow. "You're not wrong." 

Opie nudged me as we both settled in, "How you feeling about everything?" Having dealt with this same exact dilemma for most of our lives, Opie knew the answer but the concern in his voice was always genuine. I stared up at the ceiling trying to rack my brain for something different to say this time but the same emotions and feelings remained. "I don't know. I wish I could just turn it off. If that makes sense?" I said propping myself up on my eblow, turning towards Opie. "It's like I know I should just let it go, I do. But..-"

"You can't." Opie spoke up, moving on his side to face me. I nodded as a comfortable silence fell over us. Scooting over I cuddled up to Opie's side, the man took in a sharp breath before letting his body relax again. "I wish I could though. Let go." I mumbled into his chest. I felt his lips press a kiss onto my hair again, "I know T, I know." 

-

The morning sun began to shine through the crack in the living rooms curtains, the small sliver of light falling right onto my face. "Come on." I grumbled rolling over on to the edge of the air mattress. I could feel my face scrunch up in confusion at the emptiness beside me. Lifting my head up I realized I was truly alone but a small glimpse of white caught my eye. Sat on the top of the opposite pillow, written on the back of a water bill envolpe was a note.

Headed to Euerka for a chairty drive. Mary should be there at 9 to watch the kids. Didn't wanna wake you. See you when I get back. -Ope

Shit. In the midst of last nights drama, I had completely forgot about the guys run for the blood drive. A couple weeks ago I agreed to take the day off from Cara Cara to help Gemma at TM since almost everyone was going to be gone. Placing the paper back down I looked up at the clock. 8:15 a.m. I had enough time to shower and get the kids ready for Mary. 

-

Pulling into TM, bikes were lined up along the fence and the parking lot was cluttered with members and their families ready to send them off. Tig waved me down a suprisingly empty spot to park, "Hey doll." He breathed as I got out, him embracing me in a hug. Although I don't think I'd ever forget what my dad did, for now I had to forgive in silence for the sake of keeping the peace. "When do you guys take off?" I asked glancing around the parking lot. Two familiar faces caught my eye and I had caught theirs as well. "Ah probably in a few." Tig said, eyes following mine. "I saw Ope having to help you leave the party last night. You alright?" I waved him off, cracking a fake smile, "Ah just got a little too wild." 

The sound of a harash whistle grabbed our attention. Clay was motioning for Tig, giving me a small wave. "Alright doll, I love ya. I'll see you when we get back." He said, placing a kiss to my temple. "Love you dad, be careful." 

"Me? Always." A smile mirrored on both our faces before he headed toward the club president. I glanced back to where both men once sat on their bikes however, it was just Opie now. With the coast clear I crossed the lot over to the bearded man. "Hey. You get my note?" I nodded leaning up against his bike, "Yeah. Mary was taking the kids to get breakfast when I left." Opie tensed up at the mentioning of his kids. "They wanted me to tell you they love you." There was a brief second of silence before Opie cleared his throat, "Gemma said you're helping her with the shop?"

"Yeah is she here?" I asked looking around the parking lot until I saw the Caddie parked beside the TM office. "I'll be back." Waving Opie off I headed for the open office door. "Hey Gem I'm here..-" My body halted at the sight of Jax standing in the office instead of his mother. The air instantly became thick with tension, almost making it hard to breath. Flashes of last night flew around my mind as we stood staring across the room at each other. Jax's face had softened upon seeing me and he shifted on his feet. "Taylor..-" 

"I was just looking for Gemma." I cut him off. I couldn't do it. I couldn't have this talk, not right now. Turning to leave I felt Jax carefully grab ahold of my forearm. "Can we talk?" I flitched away, taking a step back from him. "Can you just tell me what the hell is going on with you?" His tone was light, and held concern. 

"Jax."

"No." He stated firmly. "We're doing this now.

Hey guys! Sorry for the delay! What do we think? Team Opie or Team Jax? My heart is torn myself , I love both for different reasons lol. Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!