4. | Childhood friends

Start from the beginning

She isn't even worried about getting into trouble, she is set in her ways and what everyone else thought, doesn't matter to her.

So what? They're gonna ask for a replacement for the books. She has more than enough money. Probably they're going to have to do some extra cleaning, maybe a detention? Nothing she can't handle.

They enter the office and notice the green haired boy sitting in a chair, fumbling with his hands.

"Fuck you" Katsuki growls towards him while sitting down. Y/n takes a sharp step and sits down on the chair next to Izuku before Katsuki can interfere.

"It's best if I sit here" She says to the blond, her eyes slowly narrowing. He scoffs and grabs the chair next to the e/c eyed girl harshly.

"You four, you were late to class yesterday after lunch. I'm assuming you know why you're here" He says firmly.

The h/c haired female wants to say something, she knew they were caught, but she waits to see what the other's have to say first, to avoid more conflict.

The four suspected students stay quite, giving each other small glances. Y/n notices the frown placed on Izuku's lips, his eyes never dared to look directly at her.

'Wait, why does he seem almost afraid to admit it's us? I mean if him and Katsuki have been on bad terms, isn't it safe to assume he would do something like this?' Her lips purses together. She couldn't figure out why he seemed so afraid, it must be because he is afraid of getting in trouble with them later. But why did he say something in the first place if he's not going through with it?

"Yeah, so what if we were late to class yesterday?" Katsuki sprouts out in a harsh demeanor.

The principal sighs, "Look we are not stupid here. We know that you four came out of the science room yesterday, a couple of passing students just happened to pass by" He explains.

Mai had already sweat dripping down her forehead from stress, she and Lucy were both screwed. Their perfect reputation in the trash now.

"Ugh this is ridiculous! What do you want? Money, we have the money to replace some fucking books!" Mai lost her temper, giving Deku a deathly glare in the process.

Izuku flinches in his seat, he knew this was a bad idea, but the teachers insisted. They wouldn't let it slide.

"I-I'm s-sure this is a misunderstanding, it's okay, it's only a few books-"

"Shut up you damn nerd" Katsuki cut the curly haired male off.

"Seeing as you all have plaid guilty in the matter, I'll have to give you a warning. And with this warning comes a detention and the promise that you replace the things that got damaged" He sighs heavily, "If something like this occurs again, you'll have to pay severe consequences and have your parents involved. I'm sure you are smarter than that so stay out of trouble" He finishes as the students stand up.

"Thank you" They bow and almost sprint out of the door.

As soon as Izuku walks out of the room, Katsuki grabs his shirt tight "You fucking outcast, mess with me again and I'll pound you to the ground"

Izuku gulps. He couldn't get any words out.

"Bakugou, enough. You heard what he said. No more trouble" Y/n steps in and firmly releases his grasp.

He growls and puts his hands in his pockets. The four students start walking away, just before the quirkless boy screamed.

"Kacchan! Why...why do you hate me so much?" He has tears in his eyes, "We used to be childhood friends! I admired you, please tell me what went wrong!"

The explosive male turns around slowly, with a menacing grin. "Because Deku, you are worth nothing to me....just a bug that I can step on. You can go die for all I care. Your weak ass can never be on the same level as me so stop fucking trying!" With that said, he leaves.

Y/n feels a bundle of emotions sweep through her. Never had she faced something like this, so much unspoken feelings. She never had any of these problems before.

Looking at Izuku's body slowly shaking, his eyes so hurt, trying to contain his inner emotions.

'What the hell? T-This is not okay...he didn't do anything wrong' Y/n almost feels like a rock hit her face. Had she been in the wrong all this time? She doesn't know, she can't think straight.

Her fiery personality always overpowered, but now she has meet up with something more...deep. She can't keep her thoughts in check.

Mai and Lucy both click their tongues and gestures for the e/c eyed girl to leave. She frowns and turns her back on him.

Soon all of them entered the classroom, wanting to forget everything that had occurred.

<•>

Y/n walks over to the station in silence. She had been there for two days and she's already exhausted.

"Too much drama" She sighs, "I need to stay out of it. I'm going to become a hero for crying out loud, I need to go focus on that and not some stupid class drama!"

As she awaits for the train, a slow breeze flows by her. Making her hair move, she looks to her right and sees the green haired boy walk up the stairs and enter the same station area.

Her heart jolts when he nears her. Is it shame that she feels? None of them had apologized for what happened to his locker, not that she excepted them too.

But her...she is different right? She's not a bully, yet she acted like one. Hanging out with the wrong people had a bad impact on her without her realizing it.

"I-" Her mouth opens, but no words comes out.

Izuku's hands tightly holding the strap to his bag, he averts his gaze from the ground to turn around and look at her in the eyes.

They stand there, looking at each other in silence. Izuku's lips curve into a thin smile, no...a broken smile before he turns around and walks further down the station.
Leaving the female in complete silence.

'NO, this is not the person I wanted to become. What the actual fuck Y/n!? You don't even have the balls to confront him? Hell no'

She starts running towards him, "Wait!" Her voice breams with helplessness.

"Hm?" The emerald eyed boy turns around to face the girl. His eyes blinking when she reaches him.

'She's here to yell at me...'

"I'm sorry" She tightens her fists.

Izuku flinches, did he hear right? No, he must have heard wrong. He can't ask her to repeat, that would be rude and make it seem like he wasn't paying attention.

Y/n notices the puzzled expression on his features. She sighs as she understands that this boy has never been treated right...and it was time someone changed that.

"I'm sorry for the hurt that I caused you...I was in no right to pull that hideous prank on you and even less right to judge you for something so stupid like being quirkless" She says in a serious demeanor and bows respectively.

Izuku being the awkward kid he is, he falls into a coughing fit and his face heats up.

"Look..." She says softly, making the boy stare directly at her, "I want to become a hero, and what I just pulled on you is nothing like the hero I want to be. I heard you wanted to be one too, and no one can take that dream away from you" She says and for the first time, he sees her smile genuinely.

He feels elivitated, she is the first person to tell him that. He can't even comprehend everything she just said. Not even that...she actually apologized, sincerely too. Never had he thought that anyone would go this far.

He takes a moment to breath before giving her a small smile in return.

"Thank you, L/n"

Maybe he will continue a little bit longer? But that thin thread he has been walking on, is no more.
It's just matter of when he reaches his breaking point.
So is anybody gonna see his cries for help?