The Moretti Boys - Sebastian

"SHE'S WHAT?"

Mom gives my dad an unsure expression before turning back to me and my little brother. "She's engaged Sebastian. She called just a few minutes ago to tell us that she's on her way here with her fiancé and his family. They want to get married as soon as possible so they'll be staying here for a while." She's trying to look ecstatic but I can see the worry in her eyes.

"What's his name? What's he like?"

She smiles. "His name is Antonio, other than that I don't know one thing about him." Dad sits back in his chair and crosses his arms a furious expression painting his face.

"This is ridiculous. How can she be getting married to a man her parents have never even met? There's a process for this stuff. Isn't he supposed to be asking me if he can marry her?"

"How long is awhile?" Tristan asks next to me his voice soft and quiet. I reach up and dig my hand into his blonde hair stroking my fingers through it to calm him down. He doesn't particularly enjoy meeting new people so I imagine he's working himself into quite the mental frenzy. Mom gives a soft smile before reaching out and grabbing his hand that is resting on the table next his plate. His lasagna is still sitting there next to a pile of corn and a small salad untouched.

"I don't know sweetheart. As long as it takes to plan a wedding and get it going I guess."

"What about Mason? Have you told him yet?"

She nods and sits back into her seat. "I called your brother before dinner. He said he'll be coming down for a while to stay with us in order to help out if he can. He should arrive early tomorrow afternoon sometime before Lillian." We all nod before an uneasy silence falls across the table. How many people are going to be here? A lot? It's probably just him and his parents' right? That means Lilly and Antonio can just stay in her old room and his parents can take the guest room. All will be well. Mason will just have to sleep on the couch. I snicker quietly to myself at that before excusing myself from the table to go wash my dish. I listen to mom and dad's quiet mutterings along with the sound of Tristan eating slowly from his plate before heading upstairs. As soon as I throw my room open I jump onto my bed and grab my cellphone from my nightstand. Groaning I turn onto my back and dial Emma's number before pressing the phone to my ear. Emma is my girlfriend; we've been dating for about a year so we've had loads of time to hang out and get to know each other. She's a little high maintenance but she has a good heart which is why I like her so much. She has the appearance of someone who might be a brat, but when you talk to her she's the sweetest thing and she has a lot of compassion. She's my best friend.

"Hey Sweetie Pie, how's it going over in la-la land? Anything racy I should know about?"

I grin and glance at the picture of us on my nightstand. "The lasagna was a little cheesy but I'm not about to complain." She laughs and I smile even wider, her laugh is so cute.

"Really though? What's new over at yours? I haven't seen you all week because of summer classes."

I shrug. "Mom and dad are same old same old. Tristan still hasn't got any friends. Oh! Lillian's engaged."

Emma shrieks and I pull the phone away from my ear wincing. "OH MY GOSH NO WAY!!! WHAT'S HIS NAME? HOW'D HE PROPOSE? WHAT'S HE LOOK LIKE! He's got to be a looker since your sister is so flipping beautiful."

"Uh...His name is Antonio. I haven't met him so that's all I can tell you. They're coming to stay for a while because they want to get married as soon as humanly possible, probably so one of them doesn't run."

"Hey! Rude!"

"I'm just saying. I think his parents are coming too which is nice that way we can get to know the rest of his family. It sort of sucks though because they're going to stay as long as it takes to plan the wedding and then go through with it. It could be the whole summer Emma. I might die."