Chapter I. The Outcast

I grabbed my English textbook, my crammed-full notebook, and my black pen from the tan leather front seat of my mom's Camry, and stepped out, locking the door and setting the alarm, shoving the keys into the pocket of my white skinny jeans. I slipped my sunglasses on over my eyes, straightened my gray slouchy beanie and Black Veil Brides t-shirt... and headed for the doors of... The HellHole. 

To most people, it would be caled a community college, I guess. I'm only taking the basics- well, took the basics. I'm on my last year here- in fact, my last few days here. Thank. God. 

Don't get me wrong, it's not like everyone beats me or anything. Sometimes people throw things at me and whisper - loudly - behind my back. But that's nothing to me... well, not much, anyway. I'm 21, not a baby. I can hande that shit.

No... it was the monotony. I thought college would bring a change, but no. I was dead wrong. Of course, it doesn't help that it was full of all the same people I graduated high school with, so... yeahhhh. But I thought college would bring acceptance for me... friends, and such. But nope. None of that. I was still outcasted. 

See, I'd always been... different at school. The 'emo' one. The 'goth' one. The 'pretty but weird' one. I actually didn't care too much- I didn't let it get to me that bad. So, I was different. Better to be myself than be like everyone else, blending in. Even if I stood out in a not-so-great way, I still stood out. And, honestly, I would much rather fangirl (yes, I still fangirl even though I'm 21) over Black Veil Brides and such, and buy out Hot Topic every chance I got, rather than fuss over my nails (almost always painted black), or stress over 'will this outfit make me look outdated?' like most of the other girls of this college do. Which, I might add, are about 80% blondes. Ugh... and not the cool, pretty kind. The dumb, fake kind. 

And 100% of the students here are still immature enough to ostracize me, cast me out because of my skinny jeans, or my mainly black band shirts, or my Vans or chained boots, or my dark blue hair, or my piercings- angel bites, tongue, eyebrow, and 1/2" gauges. 

Now, I bet you're probably wondering why I'm 21 and dressing scene style. Well, it's because I know who I am and I'm comfortable with it, and I don't care what others think. Period. I know what I like, and if they can't accept it, they can go on away.

There's no sob storybehind me being scene- no abusive or alcoholic parents, no death in the family. In fact, my parents are probably the best you could ask for. They accept me for who I am, and what I like, and what I do. They don't care- they love me for me

But as I said, the others always... avoided me. I've literally only had like, maybe a friend or two within my entire schooling life... and they were in elementary school. See, it was fine when I was kid, but as I grew and entered middle school, they started kinda just... drifting away. Then, high schol came and it's like I was cast out completely. Nobody talked to me. It's like... like their instincts were telling them, 'Stay away from her, she's a freak!' you know? And I mean, yeah, my feelings were hurt, but I always kinda knew I was... different from them. I felt... separated, like I was from a whole other planet.

Which is weird, becaue even I have to admit, I'm pretty attractive. Matter of fact, when I was younger and the random person would talk to me, I've been told I look like this girl named Leda Muir- I looked her up one day, and I guess I resemble her... a lot. There's only a few differences- for one, I didn't have her tattoos (though I did have some- my full name, Hailie Renee Quillen along the inside of my left middle finger, a feathered dreamcatcher down the inside of my right forearm, and a medium-sized cherry blossom tree on my right hip). Second, my eyes were light green, not brown. And third, my skin was a bit tanner than hers. Not by much, but enough to notice. Other than that, it's... uncanny. I mean, we even have the same damn piercings for crying out loud! Anyways, I'm 5'7", and I'm pretty thin... flat, toned stomach (I work out... girl look at that body! jkjk), long legs, thing thighs and arms. I have an alright chest- they could be bigger. They were a high-B-low-C cup, but, ehh I liked them enough.