chapter twenty-two .

Consciousness came gradually, sluggishly, not at all quick enough for Jimin to fully register that he had heard a familiar voice in the distance, followed by the closing of a door. The front door of Yoongi's house. Quiet feet made their way down the hall while a certain red-haired boy checked various rooms to find the one he was looking for. He eventually found it, at the end of the hall on the left, and by that time it was too late for Jimin to fling himself out of bed to avoid any suspicions. The door to the bedroom was opened, and who should be standing there but Jung Hoseok, whose jaw hit the floor at the sight of his two friends lying next to each other on the same bed, hands clasped tightly together, blankets over both their bodies. His eyes were opened to their full capacity. A grin threatened to take its place upon his lips.

"Park. Jimin."

He was fully awake now. Yoongi, however, was not. So as carefully as he could, Jimin pulled out his hand from Yoongi's grasp, peeled off the blankets, and swung his legs over the side of the bed. He lifted his faltering gaze to look at Hoseok, somewhat alarmed to find the redhead beside himself with joy.

"Park Jimin, you-"

"Sshhh!!"

"I had no idea you two were-"

"We're not, which is exactly why you need to 'sshhh'."

Hoseok gasped softly. "Are you telling me you snuck into his bed with him-"

"Don't make me sound like a pervert."

"Well, you have some explaining to do, Park Jimin."

"We can talk somewhere else." Jimin glanced at Yoongi."But you need to promise to keep your voice down. And also, stop using my full name."

"Okay, okay, deal."

Jimin and Hoseok went immediately to the living room. The redhead took a seat on the sofa and patted the space beside him, gesturing for his friend to sit down, but Jimin shook his head and remained standing.

"Hoseok, what are you doing here?"

"Hey, you're avoiding the subject," Hoseok murmured, pouting.

"I'm not," persisted Jimin, "I just wanted to know."

"I heard from Namjoon that Yoongi was sick, and I wanted to stop by to see how he was doing, since he wasn't answering my texts and I was worried and all that."

"How'd you get in the house?"

"Door was unlocked."

Ah. That's my fault, actually.

"So what's the story, huh?" Hoseok pursed his lips. He quirked an overly intrigued eyebrow at Jimin, who could hardly look at him without blushing.

"What story? I have no idea what you're talking about."

"C'mon, Chim-Chim, I'm talking about you and Yoongi cuddling together on his bed-"

"We weren't cuddling!" Jimin argued, voice coming out a touch louder than he had intended. He cleared his throat. "We...weren't cuddling. Just holding hands."

Hoseok let out a soft laugh and his grin broadened. "And that makes a difference??"

"Shut up, it does."

"Explain."

Jimin was biting his tongue now, shuffling his feet as he debated whether or not he wanted to tell Hoseok. Sure, Hoseok was his friend, but Jimin wasn't quite certain if he could confidently trust the boy with his deepest secrets. The redhead was on the verge of exploding with curiosity at this point.