8: Just Friends...?

En başından başla

I ran from the kitchen, through the living room, up the staircase, down the hall, turned left, down a second hall and entered the third door to the right. Longest process ever.

His room didn't look any different. Half white half black walls, a double bed with a giant black comforter and white pillow cases opposite me, a large wall full of photo's; his room was pretty big. I kicked my shoes off and went straight to the wall of photos. There was one of Gabriel and I dressed in stupid little pumpkin outfits when we were twelve for Halloween. I spotted one of me kissing his cheek when we were sixteen at our birthday party.  

I was about to move away when a larger picture near the corner of the wall caught my eye.  

I think my brother took the picture when our family invited Gabe's family to come to New York with us a year ago. My arms were wrapped around Gabriel's neck and his were wrapped around my waist. We were in Central Park.  

I was laughing with my eyes closed. But Gabriel was staring at me with an adoring look in his eyes and smile. Why haven't I seen this picture? I knew he took it but I never saw it.  

I walked over to the bed and collapsed onto it.  

How long has Gabriel felt like this? Yes, it is true I like him, but I had no idea he did too.  

The thing is I don't want to risk our friendship. If I lost Gabriel, I don't know how I would live without him. His friendship is so valuable to me, I don't know what I would do if something like today ruined it.  

Oh, god today! I can't believe we went so far. But I can't believe I enjoyed it! Well, I think anyone would have enjoyed it to be honest.  

I closed my eyes and moved up the bed.  

I have three options here:  

--- Go along with it and make it friends with advantages which could end badly.  

--- Spend some time away from him which could also end badly.

Or, tell him I want to selfishly wait until I get my head sorted out.

**2 hours later**

I know this sounds weird but I could literally feel Gabriel in the room.  

I'd fallen asleep hugging his pillow. If I inhaled all I could smell was the sweet, leathery male scent of him. I opened my eyes slowly and saw his back to me. He was going through some of his draws when he pulled out a tank top.

And that, of course, is when he pulled his t-shirt off. His back was to me so I was just guessing he didn't know I was awake.  

But I've been wrong before.

"Good evening," He said with his back still to me.  

I let out the breath I didn't realise I was holding. "Hello,"  

I squinted my eyes a little to come across two large scars on his back. They were on both shoulder blades stretching downwards above his waist. I'd never noticed them before. Were they new?

He faced me before I could examine them further. But that still didn't stop me from letting my eyes search his perfect torso. My mind wandered to when I first saw his birthmark. I remembered when he stopped me from turning him around.

Were the marks on his back why?

"What?" He asked.  

I didn't realise I was staring. "Nothing."  

He nodded and came to his bedside table. He placed something in the draw and sat down next to me.  

"Alexis?"