I looked back at Guanlin's father who took a file from his table and started flipping the papers. I felt my throat getting dry as time passed.

Suddenly, he stopped to a particular page and furrowed his eyebrows as he brought the file closer to his eyes.

After a while, he put the file on the table and looked at me. "Were you late yesterday?" He asked.

I guessed it right.

My heart dropped to the pit of my stomach. Oh no...please don't tell me that he knew about it...

Suddenly, Jiwoo's words popped into my head.

"Guanlin's father said that every maid will get a punishment. No matter how big or small it is."

Oh my...so that means I'll get a punishment for being late too?

I started to sweat as my stomach twisted into knots, making me feel like throwing up.

"Were you?" He asked again but anger was evident in his voice. What should I say? Yes or no?

If I say yes, I'll obviously die. But if I say no, everything will be okay but what if he knows that I'm lying?

I'm stuck in the middle, in between these two choices. I feel like both choices suck and  now, I don't know what to do.

Ugh...can someone help me-

"Were you late yesterday?!" He snapped and shouted, bringing myself back to reality. I flinched as my heart skipped a beat.

What the hell was that?

He looked at me as his eyes flared with anger. That look gave me goosebumps.

My throat tightened, making me almost gasp for air. I took in deep breaths to calm myself down.

"Yes or no?" He asked angrily. I can tell by his voice that he might explode again at anytime. My legs started to tremble really bad that I couldn't stand upright.

Mina, please say something!

What am I supposed to say when I don't know whether to say yes or no?

Just say something please?! Before he explodes...

Ugh...what should I say? Should I lie to him?

Should I?

I have to make a decision before things get worse.

You know what? Fuck it.

I opened my mouth and was about to say it when someone said something that brought my attention to him.

"No, she wasn't."

I turned my head to Guanlin who wasn't looking at me anymore. My eyes widened at what he just said.

"Why are you answering for her?" Guanlin's father asked as he looked at Guanlin with that same old look.

"Why not?" Guanlin replied. Wow...how is he so brave towards him? I don't think I'll even talk to him at the first place.

"I'm expecting an answer from her. Not you. So shut up and don't say anything." Guanlin's father ordered.

I heard Guanlin letting out a long sigh. I really want to leave this place. As soon as possible.

"Mina." I heard Guanlin's father calling me. My eyes immediately darted to him. "This is your last chance I'm going to let you answer. Or else..."

"You'll be dead." He spoke in a low voice.

I swallowed the lump that was already formed in my throat. I was sweating so hard that I felt sweats trickling down my body.

He leaned in as he clasped his hands on the table. "So tell me, were you late yesterday?" He asked me slowly, his voice calm.

What should I say? I should say yes or no before I make him explode.

I could see the corner of my eye that Guanlin turned his body to my direction. "You weren't, right?" He asked me. What shocked me the most is that he winked right after that.

I quickly looked down right after he did that. To be honest, I actually found that really sexy.

My heart jumped at the thought. I kept repeating the scene in my head.

Mina stop daydreaming!

I totally forgot that I'm still stuck here in this hellhole.

Should I lie and be with Guanlin? Or tell the truth and get the punishment?

After a few minutes of deciding, I finally know what to say. It's just that I'm scared. What if he knows...

I pushed those thoughts to the back of my mind. I took in a deep breath before speaking.

"N-No..." My words came out as a stutter. Shit. Why did I even stutter?

He let out a loud whoosh after my answer. "Finally..." He said. "What took you so long to say no?" He asked with anger.

Oh no...another question to answer?

"Probably she was scared to answer. Right?" Guanlin asked as he turned to look at me. I quickly nodded my head and looked at Guanlin's father. If Guanlin didn't ask me that question, I would've been dead.

After that, the room fell into silence. I didn't like it because Guanlin's father was staring at me with those scary, piercing eyes that it almost felt like he could see through my soul.

After a while, he let out a sigh as he looked away. I let out a silent sigh after feeling like I've been holding onto my breath for very long.

"You may leave now." He spoke in a monotonous voice. I bowed and quickly left the room without hesitation.

Well that was bad...

I can't believe that I stuttered in front of him. What if he knew that I was lying?

I don't think so. After I stuttered, he was normal about it so I don't think he knew.

But...something was very strange here.

Guanlin was helping me throughout. Like he was asking me questions and forcing me to lie by doing actions.

Is he trying to...save me?

Or maybe he just do it for the sake of doing it. I don't know...

But what if...he was trying to save me this whole time?

Wouldn't that be cute?

I felt myself smiling. I can't imagine him doing something like that since he's as cold as an ice.

But you might never know.

And that's true. Unless I find out.

****

Don't forget to vote and leave a comment!!!

Remember, be who you are :)