02

Kihyun and Hoseok quickly leave Daegu and make their way to Zaun IV for no other reason than that Kihyun claimed there were spices there that you can't find anywhere else.

While slowly drifting through space, they get a call from the government. The earth government to be exact. Kihyun promptly answers the phone call and brings a Bluetooth earpiece to his ear. The call was short which ended up with a long groan from Kihyun.

"What's going on?" Hoseok asked.

"I gotta turn the ship around. Some government officials on earth need our help, I guess my spices will have to wait for another day.

***

"Look, we're bounty hunters, not assassins," both hands planted firmly on his side of the table, Kihyun leans in.

"You're whatever the government needs you to be to keep the peace. This guy is a menace."

"I didn't even grow up here," Kihyun huffed.

"But he did, and he's been quite the problem too," a suited man said while pointing his finger at Hoseok.

"But sir-"

"Look, if you don't get rid of him, I'll charge you for harbouring a criminal. If you manage to catch Hyungwon, all of Mr. Lee's bounty will be cleared."

"Bounty?" Kihyun questioned.

"I would tell you about that, but I'll leave that for you to discuss with Mr. Lee. Take whatever you need. Just find Hyungwon and get rid of him."

The door slams shut and Kihyun hears it in more ways than one. On his jacket medals of honour float like stars but they feel heavy in a way he never dreamed they could.

He sighs. Lifting his hand, he scans through the files, swiping through each holo until he finds what he's looking for.

Brown, black hair? Kihyun can't quite tell. His clothes are ripped in dozens of places and he has a sharp look on his face.

He places the folders underneath his arm and walks out of the room. As he walks down the hall he replays the previous conversation in his head. Yes, he knew Hoseok ran away from earth, but he didn't think the government would be so concerned about him that they'd but a bounty on him. He knew Hoseok was sensitive about his past life and he wasn't sure if he should bring it up. It would only lead to more problems than solutions. Kihyun just hoped that one day, Hoseok would open up to him.

***

"So what'd they say?" Hoseok asked.

"They told me that if we didn't catch Hyungwon, they'd throw me in jail for harbouring a criminal. If we do catch him, they'll clear your bounty."

Hoseok threw his head back and let out a laugh. Kihyun looked at him strangely as he continued to laugh to himself. "I'd figure they'd say that. Well, let's catch ourselves a criminal. If worse comes to worse, I'll turn myself in."

"Won-Hoseok, what's all this about?"

"It's just my past catching up with me. We probably shouldn't be in this area though, there's meteor traffic and it's fairly unpredictable," Hoseok said.

As if on cue, a meteor hit the top of the ship followed by a few more.

"For fuck's sake."

***

The meteor rock is no joke. Kihyun and Hoseok almost don't make it to Gwangju and when they do it's a battered landing at best. So much for the element of surprise.

Yet when they approach the small repair shop, no one seems home. Hoseok lets himself in tentatively, he calls out but receives no answer. He knows what's off almost as soon as he's inside, whipping around to the sound of a gun cocking.

"Not exactly stealthy."

"Not really my intention."

They stay like that for a few minutes until Kihyun comes in.

"Oi Wonho, that's our guy," he says while pointing his gun at Hyungwon.

Kihyun studies Hyungwon carefully. What the pictures don't show is that Hyungwon is young, probably not even twenty. He's tall and has a burn scar above his eyebrow that looks like a fight me might've lost.

Kihyun knows he needs to think of something and fast. Hyungwon wasn't going down without a fight and right now, he was probably pissed. He knew Hyungwon would kill both of them if it meant he'd survive.

"I don't want to kill you," he admits.

"Look, you need to come with us. You've been causing a lot of trouble and we need to take you in," Kihyun says.

"Fine, so be it," Hyungwon smirks while dropping the gun. Kihyun handcuffs him and brings him on to the ship.

***

[ LOG: 11 - Date: 25718.1 - DESTINATION: None set ]

"This is captain Yoo Kihyun with Wonho, we managed to capture Hyungwon and he actually went down without a fight which is a surprise. He's pretty annoying though, he won't shut up-"

"HEYYY! I heard that! I'm one of the most wanted men in our galaxy doesn't that make you feel special?" Hyungwon yelled out.

"It makes me feel tired," Hoseok groaned.

***