Chapter 2

While everyone was sleeping i got up and zipped up my jacket and grabbed my knife.

"Sarah where are you going?" Monty yawns quietly.

"I'm going after Jasper, i will not go back to camp unless i am with Jasper. Tell the others you dont know where i am okay?" i explain and he nods. I walk off following the tracks through the moonlight. I am tracking for at least 5 hours until the sun comes up. I find a bush of strawberries and picked it clean and have a small feast. I hope the others had gotten back to camp okay. After i had some berries i shoved the leftovers in my pocket for later. I found some fresh blood on a broken twig.

"Where are you Jasper?" i whisper under my breath. I keep walking until i trip over something. I look down to see Jasper's goggles. I pick them up and dust them off. I hear a muffled groan so i take off sprinting towards the sound and i eventually find Jasper in a tree with a poultice on his wound. I find a stick and tap the ground looking for traps. I find one when the ground under the stick falls and i see a pit of sharpened spears sticking out of the ground. I bend down over the hole and grab some spears. I lay them next to each other and tie them together with some vine to make a platform to reach Jasper. I hear leaves rustling behind me so i turn around to see Bellamy, Murphy, Clarke, Finn, Wells and Monroe appear.

"Look who turned up, i did the hard stuff like disabling the trap and making a platform," i tell them tightening the last piece of vine and placing the platform in place.

"Why did you wonder off at night!?" Clarke asks raising her voice.

"I wasn't going to come back to camp without Jasper, no man left behind," i answer. Murphy goes up with Finn to cut Jasper down and i stand guard with Bellamy. I hear a low growl and my head snaps towards the forest. A black panther appears ready to pounce.

"Bellamy gun!" Clarke yells and he reaches to his waistband but there is no gun. The panther pounces on me knocking me to the ground. I hold it away from me with my strength and i hear gunshots go off and one hits the panther startling it enough for me to pull myself up and snap its neck and it drops on top of me lifeless. Bellamy pushes the panther off me and pulls me up.

"Are you okay?" he asks and i nod my head getting my breath back. I look at Wells who is holding the gun and i storm up to him punching him in the face.

"What are you trying to prove? You almost got me killed! Why couldn't you just leave the gun to someone who knew how to use it and could've taken the panther down easily!" i scream in his face. Bellamy pulls me away.

"Hey, calm down Sarah. We need to get back to camp," he tells me and i nod. I take the back of the group as we walk back to camp. Clarke gets straight to helping Jasper while i clean my leg and some scratches on my face. Monty comes up to me and hugs me.

"Thank you for bringing him home," he says into the crook of my neck.

"It's alright, i think you should stay with him," i tell him and he goes back to the drop ship. I stare at the wristband. Matt would think i was dead but i had no other family. He believed in me to stay alive. Bellamy had the panther cooking so i walked over to him.

"Bellamy, can you take my wristband off? Having it on reminds me of what the guards did to my parents," i ask holding back tears. He nods and takes my hand resting it on a log. He takes a piece of metal and slides it between my hand and the bracelet. He then takes a rock and breaks the bracelet and takes it off. I rub where the needles were and blink away my tears.

"I'm not going to ask until you are comfortable," he reassures me making me smile. He takes the first stick of panther meat and hands it to me.

"Thank you," i smile and sit there while he makes people take off their wristbands for some food. Clarke and Finn get into a huge argument with Bellamy which riles up the rest of the group. I stand up and pull Bellamy back.

"You just want the Ark to come down because your family is privileged and you wont have to do any of the shitty jobs. We are done being delinquents and prisoners! The Ark sent us down to die. Let's show them we survived and thrived on our own!" I yell and everyone steps behind me in support.

"So you are willing to let everyone on the Ark die? Because that is what is happening," she snaps at me.

"If they are desperate enough they will come down, if the earth was unsafe they would get a few hours of being on the ground," i retort. I go into the drop ship where Monty and Octavia were looking after Jasper.

"How is he?" i ask.

"He's holding on, he is a fighter," Octavia says. I nod and climb up to the third level and find a corner to crawl up and fall asleep. I pulled a tarp over me and kept my knife in my hand. I could hear everyone talking but the voices soon got fuzzy as my eyes closed and i fell asleep.

Authors Note:

Chapter 2 is up.

I hope you all enjoy this book, after reading a few fanfics i have a good idea on how to make a great book.

Vote, Comment and add to Reading List.

ENJOY