Chapter Six: Uncertainty

The king asked for my presence tonight but I don't desire to be here or rather I don't belong here. My mind seems to wander elsewhere and my heart longs to escape from all of this... from all of them. I can feel their judgmental glares and hear they're criticizing whispers about me. I guess the only thing that's comforting in being somewhere you don't necessarily belong in the night; the Stars, the moon. They make you feel welcomed, safe, and warm. They're always there when you need comfort even if you don't see them. You may feel like you need them as a way to stay sane yet they don't need you. They cast their spell and capture you with their net of wonder.

Making my way to the balcony to avoid forced contact with anyone, I spot a familiar figure standing out there already. So much for getting some time alone.

"I knew you'd come out here if I waited out here."

"Nyx."

"You don't look happy to see me?"

"I said no such thing."

"Good because I thought were getting along... like sisters, you and me." She says smiling at me.

"....."

"I'll take your silence as an agreement."

"Whatever pleases you Nyx but like I said before I cannot guarantee the same feelings you feel returned."

"I expected as much from the merciless, emotionless goddess of fate. Or do you prefer King's pet?"

"...." Deciding to ignore Nyx I look out into the sky.

"You find comfort in my night yet you'd rather not engage in a conversation with me?"

"......"

"Hmph. This is one of the many reasons why I like you. You are a goddess of few words. I think me and you are getting closer even if you disagree with me or you won't admit it but I feel like you feel comfortable around me."

"I don't feel anything Nyx."

"Or so you say after all this is the longest you've ever stand to be in the presence with anyone other than the king. By the way, what is it between you and the king?"

"..."

"Listen if you need help or if there's anything that I can do for you can always just ask. You know I'd do anything for you right?"

".....I think I'm done for the rest of the night." I say as I make my way back inside.

"But the celebration hasn't even begun for long and it's nowhere close to ending anytime soon!" Nyx tells me.

"I can't stand this air, you can tell the king that I was present tonight," I say as I leave the ballroom.

*Walks through the corridors proceeds to leave the castle.*

Why do I suddenly feel so weird? ...Am I wet? *Looks down at her body feeling her thigh*

                             ~🌸~

"Mngh... It's cold." I begin moving to my side when suddenly I feel a hand grabbing my arm and pulling me back to the same position I was in.

"Stop moving." Hearing a man's voice I realize I'm not at home. My eyes shoot wide open and I began kicking my legs at whoever was grabbing mine at the arm.

"Let go of me and what the hell do you think you're doing to me!!" I begin yelling.

"Woah! Hey, watch where you're kicking those legs I wouldn't want someone to get hurt." He says while grabbing my legs and pushing them back towards my head. That voice sounds familiar I look past legs to see Luke leaning up against my legs and looking at me from between them. Oh, it's just Luke I thought to myself still kinda half asleep I was about to ask him where I was until I came back to my senses. I'm wearing a dress and my legs are in the air with Luke leaning against me with his head in between my legs. I swear to everything I love I felt like my heart flew to outer space and came back with the entire meteor belt ready to hit Luke off of the face of the Earth.