06 - Choosing

Sorry for the long wait! I've been really busy and to be honest, not really in the mood for writing. Regardless, I hope you like! Even though it's not really exciting but there's more character development going on!

And Samuel (Sam) is in zee sidebar.

__________________________________

“So you’re just going to… woo her?”

Noah and I were at his house and I was waiting for him to get ready for school. I slept over the night before because we got to go to school two hours later than everyone else because the underclassmen were testing today.

Of course we were talking about the bet and Noah’s plan. I kept mentioning Emma by name but Noah never denied nor accepted the fact that she was whom he had picked.

“Yep,” he popped the P and pulled on a shirt over his head. “Does this make me look hot?”

“No.”

“Shut the fuck up, then. No one asked for your opinion,” he grinned and threw it off, tossing it to the floor.

I rolled my eyes as he put on a black v-neck. When he turned around, he raised his eyebrow for an opinion. “Come on, Mel. You have to like this one. Girls always like that v-neck. I’ve hooked up with so many girls while wearing one. Bitches love the deep v. It’s just like the one of my hipbones that leads down to my—“

“I think I chose the wrong moment to walk in,” Mrs. Freely stood awkwardly in the doorway with some food on a tray.

“Come on, mom,” Noah smiled and kissed his mother in the cheek. “You know that I’m a ladies man.”

She sighed. “I think it’s time for the sex talk, again.”

Noah smirked, “Okay. What do you want to know?”

His mother gaped at him while I couldn’t control my laughter. She finally shook her head and left the foot on his nightstand. “Whose genes you received, I still have no idea,” she mumbled before she left the room.

“You’re horrible,” I shook my head at my best friend who was still laughing.

Noah just shrugged, “It’s funny to mess with her because she’s always so serious all the time.”

He threw off his shirt and then grabbed something from under his bed. “Here,” he handed it to me.

It was a normal, small chest—around the size of my hand with a little keyhole on the front. I raised an eyebrow at him in confusion.

“In there is the name of the girl who I’m going to make fall in love with me. I won’t change from that girl so having it in there and given to you makes it so I can’t change who she is. I have the key, you hide the chest so I won’t find it. At the end of the bet I’ll give you the key to open it and see if I succeeded in making her fall in love with me. Don’t ask who she is, it’s going to remain a secret.”

“Whatever you say. You and I both know that it’s Emma.”

“Shut up.”

I rolled my eyes at him and grabbed some food that Mrs. Freely brought in. As I finished eating, Noah finally found an outfit and after he had his own share of food, we were off to school.

“So are you going to hook up with anyone in the janitor’s closet, Mel?” He smirked at me while driving with one hand on the wheel and the other slung across the back of my seat.

“Ha-ha,” I rolled my eyes before mumbling, “maybe.”

“You dirty little—“

“Cat!” I yelled out and pointed to the road. I watched as Noah’s eyes widened and he swerved the wheel before I started laughing.