Chapter 45 - Time sure flies

so have you ever experience a moment in life where  you're hanging out with someone who isn't romantically involved with you but yet still as you sit with them just talking about random stuff, a flicker of thought just runs through your head 'What would it be like to be with this person.'

So here i am an entire year later, having dinner with Ross at his home.

a lot has changed between us. for one, the boys are older. a few months ago they both turned one and though they may be identical, they definitely have different personalities. Where Shor is the more livelier one that will play with anyone, Jesse seems to hate interaction with strangers.

I love both my boys equally, but its just funny how they seemed to take after Ross and I's personality. where i'm the extrovert, Ross is the introvert.

I've also been living on my own for a few months now and i'm now back to work, functioning like as excellent mom and employee.

"Can you pass me the salad?" Ross asks as he bounces Shor on his knee.

i silently pass it to him trying as much as possible not to look at him. Lately every thing he does seems to turn me on and if i don't keep myself in line i'd be pouncing on him any minute now.

"So, Will told me he heard from Cindy that  you're heading to going to England for a week."

i swallowed my  chicken while shifting Jesse who was falling asleep in my arms. "Yeah, I have this conference to go to over there, it's usually held every five years and this my first time."

"So whats it about?" I could feel his eyes on my as i drank my water.

"Just journalism stuff, nothing much." i say as Shor starts cooing on Ross' knee, drool running down his chin and in his hands as he played with the pacifier in his hands.

"The reason I asked was because i'm heading over there for two weeks as well, you'd be arriving at the starting of my second week and so i know we'd have to organize for a nanny or something."

"Oh, i don't think my mom would have a problem looking at them, she loves them to bits." i said finally looking up at him with a smile on my face.

I was definitely making this awkward, with Ross and i, Its usually noise and laughter filling the room. but ever since I've felt myself falling for him lately I've tried pulling away, but that's definitely not working.

"Awesome, i'll call her. i haven't spoken to her in a while either." He smiled before kissing Shor on his head.

it was quarter to ten that night when we finally got the boys to bed. "So, how was that date last week? you never told me how it went." i smiled at ross as we sat on his Patio. it was dark out as we looked over the view of the city.

He cringed making me laugh out "Was it that bad?"

"Pretty bad if i say so myself. " he sighed crossing his legs, holding the baby monitor in his hands.

"What happened, i'm sure she wasn't that bad." last week Will bullied Ross into a blind date after saying and i quote ; 'Now that your life is back on track, i'm setting you up with a hot ass chick.'

"Okay, truth is she wasn't bad per say, the problem is she wasn't my type. She's the whole I live off of my parents money and i swear if i break a nail i'll strangle you. Get this, she got angry because there wasn't enough people seeing her outfit at the restaurant." 

I laughed at his description "I don't know lynch. But she definitely sounds like your type."

"glad you think of me like that Laura." He said making me laugh more "But honestly, she doesn't even have a job. i wouldn't care what she did. if she told me she worked at McDonalds i wouldn't give a shit,not that there's anything wrong with anyone that works there. but she literally does nothing. all she does is stay at home,shop,travel and does mani-pedis." he says listing them with his fingers. "An independent woman is a sexy woman."

i didn't want to compare myself, but i couldn't help note to myself that i had a job and was very independent. 

"Ross, don't overthink it. Not all women are the same."

"And i get that, and one hundred percent respect that. But all i'm saying is that for me, that, was a turn off and she just wasn't my type."

i chuckled "You know men say women or complicated, but we really are the same. Some men say they want a woman that's independent but when she shows too much independence, that's another argument. Can't you guys make up your minds!" I laughed out making him laugh as well.

"Listen, its not that we don't want you guys to be independent. we love when a woman can be, but yet still allow us to do the things we want to do for you guys like: open the door, pick you up from work and cook for you, buy something expensive for you, just let us spoil you to an extent. We're not saying that you can't do that for yourselves, we get that independent women love doing things for themselves, but every once in a while, let us show you what its like to be taken care of, pampered and loved. its not too much to ask for."

i looked up at him and smiled "Don't worry Lynch, soon enough you'll find the right woman."

He stared back at me measuring the same smile. "I hope you're right Marano."

I loved that he had let the part of himself go that he was now opening back the part of him  where he let himself open up to people and the part were he was allowing himself to open up to the possibilities of a future true love.