Chapter 16- Once Again

Haechan's POV

I approach my friends, sad and ashamed. My arms carrying the best thing that's ever happened, and the worst. My eyes leak with water and sorrow. They're smiling, hugging, with cheerful expressions on their faces. I'm crying and stumbling, with nothing but despair coating my body.

Zoë's face suddenly changes from happiness to worry. No one else's appears to. She says something, but I'm too far away to hear. The wind is blowing my hair in the sunset. My eyelashes flick off tear after tear.  She begins to rush towards me, as she does, I kneel down and lay my last hope on the floor. My light fades and I burst into tears. Zoë kneels down next to me. She immediately begins to weep too. She grabs onto Lisi's colding hand. Her tears match mine as we cry together, getting joined one by one by each of our friends. I'm scared of what is to come next. Her body has nearly lost its heat. The memories stored in her hazel eyes fade with her life. Zoë still gripping to her hand expecting the blood to flow through them. Lisi's freckles are still sprinkled across her nose, and her face peaceful and caring. Ten stands above her, his eyes completely exhausted of tears, he keeps sniffing and trying to say something. As I look at him, he begins to speak.

"What... what happened?" Ten questions.

"It's my fault," I start.

A few hours earlier...

"HAECHAN BEHIND YOU," Lisi shouts at me. I turn to see a guard over my body. I quickly dodge under his arm and grab it. Lisi runs over and kicks the man in the shins, the whole is done as she smiles at me.

"Thanks," I smile as she pushes the guy onto the floor.

"You're welcome," she responds happily, then turn to Ten and Yuta who are on the staircase. "Go to him. Haechan and I will leave a different way." They nod.

"See you later," Ten grins before he drags Yuta away.

"Of course," she replies. "Let's go Haechan." She ties her hair into a bun as she steps over the guards body. Why does she look so cool? She waits for me by the door then holds my hand. I smile at her, looking forward to getting back to being together.

We go back down the long and winding corridors we walked up. Prisoners recognise us and call out for our help again. Lisi looks at them with pity, she clearly wants to help the people who were unfairly captured, but now they've been driven insane she knows it's not safe to unleash them. She makes sure to intertwine our fingers and our wings keep brushing against each others. I look at her a little confused after she holds my hand tighter.

"I'm just making sure to experience this," she responds to my quizzical face. "It could be the last opportunity." I nod and agree. I doubt we'll be walking down a crime infested hallway, hand in hand ever again. It's an experience I'll say that. "I can't help but feel happy when we're together." She smiles, letting go of my hand and twirls around. She looks like something out if a fantasy film. Her blue wings cause her to seem even more ethereal than most other fairies. I love forwards and grab her hand. She goes onto her tip toes to kiss me. I smile and close my eyes sinking deeper into our kiss. She suddenly pulls away. When I open my eyes, I notice hers are wide too.

"Run!" She yells. I quickly look behind me to see a guard running towards us.

"Shit," I say before running away with her. "I hate these guys." Our hands are still connected, which makes me notice how fast at running she is. I lose my footing and trip over, my hand slips out of hers. My face plummets into the ground. I see her turn around. She rushes back to me and tries to help me up. I get into my feet but it's too late. The guard is behind us, his spear already heading for my back. Lisi swings me behind her, so the spear goes through her chest instead. She falls down into my arms. Rage burns in my heart. I spring forwards into the guard and begin to hit. I use my magic to create my own spear which I drive through his heart. However I feel a little weaker. The man disappears into thin air and his spear goes along side him. I go over Lisi, like she would me. Blood is leaking all over the floor. I place my hands over the hole in her chest and begin to use magic to repair it. The hole disappears but so do my wings. I've run out of magic. I've run out of time. She's run out of time. Her hand reaches up to my face. She strokes the side of my face carefully.