broken

tw: mentions eating disorder

luke wiped his eyes for the hundredth time as he sat on the couch across from michael.

they both had tears falling from their eyes, but michael was less obvious with his. luke's heart was just so broken that he couldn't hold it in.

"luke, i just want what's best for you." michael whispered, and luke shook his head.

"you're what's best for me, michael." luke cried, his body shaking.

"luke, you need to take care of yourself. i mean, hell you were just hospitalized because you won't eat. you can't keep focusing on me, and how to make me happy. you need to focus on getting better." michael told him, moving over to the couch luke was sitting on to hold his hand.

"michael, don't break us up. i know your intentions are good, but please don't."

"luke, you can't love somebody until you can love yourself first-"

"bullshit." luke whispered, and wiped his eyes. "i love you more than anything in the world. you can't say that i don't-"

"luke, if you love me than you would take care of yourself because every time you push away food or make yourself go hungry it absolutely breaks my heart."

luke thought for a second, the room quiet for a minute.

"i don't want you to be sad." luke whispered.

"i know. i know you don't." michael whispered.

"please just help me. don't leave me." luke said softly, his lip quivering.

"hey..." michael whispered, kneeling down in front of luke, and holding his hands. "...i'm never leaving you, and of course i'm gonna help you. i just want to give you some space right now. i'm not going anywhere, i'm not gonna find somebody new, you just need some breathing room and time to get better. i don't want you to feel like i'm suffocating you or rushing you to get better."

luke placed his hands on michael's face. "i love you for that, but what i want is to get better with you, michael. i don't want to fall asleep without you, or wake up without you. i want to be able to kiss you when i'm not feeling right, and i want to be able to hold your hand. i know you're scared for me, and you think what i need is a break, but i don't. i need you the most right now, michael."

michael reached up, and wiped luke's heartbreaking tears away.

"luke, are you sure? i can give you some time alone if that's what you want-"

"god, michael, please don't leave me alone." luke whispered, and michael smiled a little, hugging luke tightly. he moved onto the couch beside luke, and continued to hold him.

"i know you really well, luke, and i know you're gonna think about this for a long time until it really starts bothering you, so just know that i didn't want to break up. at all. i'm so in love with you, and i just thought maybe i would get in the way somehow. i'm so happy right now, and i'm gonna do everything i can to help you through this. it just makes me feel better to know i can still call you mine. don't think i wanted to split up."

"it's okay, michael. i'm gonna be okay. i promise."

michael smiled, and somehow fell even deeper in love with luke when the blond boy held up his pinky, waiting for michael to link his.

michael wrapped his pinky around luke's, and the younger boy smiled again, a real smile.

"you have to keep your promise now." michael whispered.

"i will." luke whispered before michael pressed their lips together, kissing luke passionately.

luke placed his hand on michael's cheek and smiled into the kiss a little bit.

"i love you so much, luke." the older boy whispered.

"i love you more, mikey. believe me."