clothes on

luke's face fell a little as he felt michael let go of his hand.

"michael, can i play?" luke asked as they walked towards the basketball court.

"sorry, babe. teams are all full." he said, and luke just nodded, sitting by the edge on the grass as michael ran over to meet calum, ashton, and a few other people.

he was used to sitting on the side. even before he was with michael, he was always kind of left out.

he picked at the daisies around him as he waited. they would occasionally make him get up and go chase after the ball if it started rolling far away, but other than that, they didn't really talk to him.

he smiled a little when the guys started walking towards him.

"hey, where's the water?" michael asked.

"in the car. it's unlocked if you wanna go g-"

"will you go get us some?" michael asked, and luke looked up at him.

"i'm the waterboy, too?" luke asked, and stood up.

"you're the best, baby." michael told him, and luke lightly smiled as he walked towards the car.

-

"mikey..." luke said softly as he walked into the bedroom.

"look at you..." michael's said softly, smiling as luke shut the door.

luke blushed, and crawled onto the bed, sitting on michael's lap.

"...you look so gorgeous, baby."

luke was only wearing a pair of black boy shorts that hugged his hips. he knows they're michael's favorite.

"i wanna..." luke started, pulling at the waistband of michael's sweatpants.

michael smiled, and pulled luke down, kissing his lips. luke melted into michael's touch, but honestly he wasn't that into it. he just wanted michael's attention.

michael pulled back, and looked into luke's eyes, his eyebrows furrowed.

"somethings wrong." michael said, and luke shook his head.

"no. come on-"

"luke, what's up?" michael asked, holding the younger boy's hand.

"nothing, michael." luke whined, but michael knew that was a lie.

michael leaned up, and wrapped his arms around luke, hugging him tightly.

"quit it. why do you think something's wrong?" luke asked, and michael just held him, not letting him go.

"i can just tell by the way you kissed me. something isn't right." michael said, and luke let michael hold him for a minute.

luke wrapped his arms around michael after a couple seconds, burying his head in the older boy's shoulder.

they sat there for a couple minutes before michael laid on luke's shoulder also.

"now tell me what's going on." michael said softly, rubbing luke's back.

"i just want your attention..." luke whispered.

"what are you talking about?"

"i feel like you only like me when we're alone. more specifically i feel like you only like me when my clothes aren't on." luke admitted softly, tracing shapes on michael's arm.

"what?" michael asked, sitting up a little. luke sat up, and looked up at michael with sad eyes.

"i know that's not true, but when we're with friends i feel like you don't want me there. i still feel left out all of the time. then when we're here, you pay attention to me, but i want you to hold my hand and kiss me all the time- and- and sometimes you pay more attention to the tv than you do me, and it kinda makes me sad, but when we're here like this, when we're in this bed, i finally feel pretty even if it's only just for a couple hours. and i feel like all you're thinking about is me, and i love that. i wanna feel that all the time."

tears were threatening to spill over luke's cheeks, and they didn't until michael stood up, knocking luke off of his lap.

"michael, i'm sorry.." luke cried, thinking michael was mad at him.

michael walked over to luke, and put a big sweatshirt over luke's head. "i love you no matter how much or how little you're wearing. i'm sorry i've made you feel this way. you shouldn't have to question how much i love you. i should show you all the time, and i've clearly failed to do that, and i'm sorry."

luke cried on michael's shoulder, his tears soaking into the older boy's shirt.

"i just thought you didn't want me. like today- i just wanted to play basketball to spend time with you, but-but you told me no so fast that it felt like i wasn't wanted there. i felt like i was more of a burden than your boyfriend."

michael kissed his head, and pulled back a little.

"sit down." michael told him, and luke furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, but sat down anyway.

he watched as michael picked up a pair of shorts, a t-shirt, and luke's favorite converse.

he pulled the sweatshirt off of luke, and began dressing him, as the younger boy just sat there confused.

"michael? what are you doing?" luke asked as michael started tying his converse over his rainbow sock covered feet.

"we are gonna go play basketball."

luke smiled as michael sat down and started tying his own shoes on.

"it's 9 p.m."

"so what?"

luke smiled as michael took his hand, leading him down the stairs, and outside. he giggled as michael started running, pulling him behind to the neighborhood park.

once they got there, michael let go and started dribbling the ball.

"don't think i'm gonna go easy on you, okay?"

luke smiled, and ran over to michael, hugging him as tight as he could as the ball just dribbled away.

"this isn't how you play, you know?" michael laughed.

"i know. i'm just happy."