Chapter 14: Understanding Myself

Maybe

Maybe... just maybe... Mitsuki is right, and I actually do have feelings for her.

My own thoughts which were only confined to me, made me slightly blush as I pictured her with me.
Just then, her fingers snapped in front of my eyes which brought me back to reality, which wasn't really cruel anymore since she was literally sitting opposite to me.

"Boruto? You were spacing out. Are you alright?"she enquired as she looked at me with concern.

"Yup, I'm all good!", I immediately reply as I clear my blush. "You decided what you want?" I asked her changing the topic as I point at the menu card before her eyes.

She simply nodded as I called for the waiter to place our order. We patiently waited for our dinner to come as I once again thought about my own feelings towards her.

Was it actually 'love' ? I don't even know how loving someone else feels...Yes, I do love Hima, mom and dad but they are my family! What about her?

"Is there something bothering you?", she asked me as she once again glared at me anxiously and with a little bit of frustration.

"No... I was just thinking... about... having c-c-c-crushes?", I say as I scratch the back of my head embarrassed upon the fact that I actually ended up telling her.

"D-do you have a... c-crush?", she asks me as her onyx eyes hidden under her spectacles widen upon hearing my statement and a shocked expression possesses on her face.

"I'm n-not sure a-about these f-feelings really...", I reply honestly as I smile while blushing. "B-But you could say it's a c-c-c-crush."

"I-I-is it a g-girl or a boy?"

"Obviously a girl!!", I yell slamming my hands on the table causing the other customers to look at us.

I cleared my throat and once again look at her pretending as if nothing had happened and shooed the embarrassment away.

"No... I just thought that you might be into Mitsu—"

"Why the freaking hell would you think that?!", I interrupt her slightly furious as my voice got louder.

"He is just... always sticking to you? And you both, together seem really..."

"Oh my! No! We are straight! At least I am!", I respond still annoyed and frustrated upon knowing her thoughts as I stop her from completing her sentence.