Prologue

Sawada Tsunayoshi shuts the door he had cracked open quietly, quickly moving away from it and rushed away. He peeked beyond the corners of the halls to check for other students or teachers, hastily moving through the school to get to the shoe lockers. Adrenaline pumped through his head as his heart pounded painfully, eyes stinging and burning with oncoming tears. He could feel his legs start to ache as he continued to sprint, finally making it to the lockers.

Quickly moving to his own locker, Tsuna pulls his school shoes off, opening it locker while ignoring the hate-filled letters that fell out. He grabs his shoes, stuffing his feet into them and shoving the other pair into the locker. Tsuna grasps his bag he'd place beside his feet as he starts to move out the front doors.

"Tsuna-sama!"

"Tsuna!"

Two voices call out making Tsuna flinch, hesitantly turning to the silver-haired and raven-haired males who had artificial smiles placed on their faces.

"G-Gokudera-san, Yamamoto-san..."

Yamamoto swings an arm around Tsuna's shoulders, "Wanna go to the arcade?"

"Baseball-freak, don't act casually with Tsuna-sama!"

Tsuna stiffens up, watching Yamamoto and Gokudera creating a one-sided fight, inching away and closer to the doors. He flinches again when Gokudera calls out for him, his foot barely brushing against the ground outside.

"Tsuna-sama, where do you want to go? I'll go wherever you want to," Gokudera puts on faux determination.

Tsuna mentally grimaces, disgusted with himself.

'How did I not notice how fake their expressions are? I'm such an idiot...'

"No, I-I would like to be alone--if you don't mind," Tsuna averts his eyes, already moving out the door and towards the entrance.

"S-sure, whatever you want, Da--Tsuna-sama," Gokudera slips up, quickly catching himself, but not quickly enough.

Tsuna flinches but continues to leave the school's perimeter, taking his chance to dash away once he couldn't be seen. He could feel his legs start to burn as he pushed himself to go faster, taking big gulps of air, tears finally starting to prick and sting his chocolate colored eyes. He could feel them fattening as they hanged on to his bottom eyelid before sliding and tumbling down his pink-flushed cheeks, cascading down like a spilled drink trickling off a table. Some advanced all the way down to his chin, while others were flung off to the side, the warmth quickly whispering away with the running wind.

Tsuna turned corners, ran as fast as he could, until he made it home. He took a minute or two to calm himself down, roughly rubbing the tears and their trails away. He could feel his eyes become heavy, tired, but he illustrated a beautiful smile on his face, inhaling deeply. He opens the door, keeping his shaky breaths deep to keep himself from breaking down as he pushed his shoes off. He softly whispers his arrival home, not expecting an answer back.

"Tadaima."

And as he thought, there was no answer; just silence.

'I guess Okaa-san went out with the kids,' Tsuna quickly stumbles up the steps, almost tripping twice, his socks hushing his footfall.

Tsuna pads down the hall to his room, already feeling his eyes burn, sting. He pushes the door to his room open, shuffling inside and softly and gently closing it. He flops down on to his bed, feeling his weight hardly shifting it. He closes his eyes, causing a tear to be severed away and gliding down his cheek. He could feel his heavy eyes become heavier, he could feel his body sink into darkness as he starts to doze off.