She turned stiffly and began making her way down the hall. For a second, Julius thought to go after her and take pleasure in her lips. But from the stiffness of her shoulders, she most likely wanted nothing to do with him.

He waited until Ira disappeared before turning back to his study. A winding staircase led directly to his bedchamber from his study. He needed to change out of these clothes if he was to accommodate guests. A frown settled on his face. He didn't want to entertain guests and so early in the morning! He especially didn't want to entertain Lady Elliot. What was she doing here anyway?! He reached his room and began working to change out of his clothes from the dinner of the night before. Choosing gray trousers, waist coat and a plain white shirt, he pulled on his shoes and combed his hair. He grinned at his image in the mirror, knowing the combing of his brown locks and his attire didn't make him appear to be less of a monster.

Turning to go back down the stairs, he made his way to the drawing room. Lady Elliot, dressed in a dress he assumed wouldn't risk her nearly dying for lack of oxygen, rose to her feet at the sight of him.

"My lord." A nervous smile settled on her plump red lips. Her red dress didn't expose her cleavage as badly as the one of the night before had, but it still managed to expose a large chunk of it. Her hair sat atop her head in a lovely braid.

His gaze moved from her and traveled the large room, surprised to find that she was visiting him without a chaperone.

"Please my lady, you may be seated."

She curtsied and graciously sat down. She was gorgeous, he decided, the sight of her ample cleavage quite attractive to the eyes. She just failed to capture his mind the way Ira did. He settled on his chair on the opposite side of her and waited for her to state her mission. Perhaps she was here to give him reasons she couldn't marry him? He hoped that was the case.

"I must apologise for my behavior the night before," She batted her lashes and pouted her lips. Rising to her feet, she walked over to where he sat and placed herself on the arm of his chair.

Confused, Julius sat helplessly as she leaned against him, her bosom resting on his shoulder.

"Erm," He shifted slightly, fighting the urge to leave the room. "I understand you needed to get away, my lady, you fainted."

"Which is horrid of me!" She purred, leaning further against him.

"Lady Elliot..." Julius decided he had had enough. He turned fully to Lady Elliot and was immediately rendered speechless as her lips took captive of his.

She was nothing like Ira, he thought, nearly panicking. Her lips were cold, Ira's were warm. Her kiss made him want to squirm, Ira's left him panting for more. Was he in love with Ira? The thought alone caused the blood to drain out of his face. He couldn't, he certainly couldn't love a woman who blantantly rejected his proposal, humiliating him and bruising his ego. Ira would never agree to be married to him and he certainly didn't want to burn with passion for such a woman.

Gripping Lady Elliot's shoulder, he returned her kiss. Perhaps if he kissed her, he would desire her as well. Perhaps if he married her...

Yes, that was what he needed to do; marry her! He needed to marry her immediately to forget Ira. It bothered him to think that only a few minutes ago, he was reaching out for Ira again and once again, she was turning him away. Who did she think she was anyway?!

Something tugged on his shirt's button, releasing it. Julius gasped, surprised. He tried to pull away but Lady Elliot simply leaned further into him, their kiss deepening.

"Perhaps..."

"Do not speak, my lord." She murmured, silencing him.

Everything in Julius protested her actions but he didn't stop himself from sliding his hand over her shoulder, pushing her sleeve aside.