1

A/N

Yes, it's here, Beast of Italy!!! It's been a while and such a long journey to get here but we're here and if you're reading this because you came from reading FINDING HIM, then thank you for choosing to come on yet another journey with me. If you're reading this and you haven't read FINDING HIM, there's no need because this is a stand alone and everything will make sense so, thanks for stopping by:)

I have had this story in my head for many years now so hopefully, it'll flow perfectly. Before I go on to the story though, I would like to say your votes mean everything to an Author. They don't pay the bills like your actual dollar bills, but they keep us motivated and pumped to write more stories and hopefully get paid by doing so. So, please vote. It's only a small star on the left hand side of your phone app screen and a star on your lappy screen away. Please light it up by clicking on it and for those of you who love to go the extra mile, please leave a comment. Thank you and happy reading.

PROLOGUE

♠♠♠

Grazing her skin, traveling slowing up the centre of her bare back until her skin was set ablaze by a sensation too beautiful to describe, forcing her lips to part and a strange noise to emanate from her lips. She tried to force her mouth shut but the singular task seemed impossible as his fingers continued their perusal of her back, climbing without a sense of urgency, up her spine, neck and finally burying itself in her hair. The strange sound her lips produced only seemed to get louder as she leaned further into him.

She felt his fingers comb through her hair, her eyelids held tightly shut, keeping her bound in darkness as she reveled in the beauty of his arms. The strength of his arms, the perfection and protection that came with them. It was a feeling she had longed for her entire life, a feeling of being protected. She would have that with him she decided, even as something warm settled on her neck and yet another sound of pleasure escaped her lips. She would be protected here with him, love would come out of this.

Ah, but isn't this wonderful feeling of being in his arms and sharing his bed, love? For surely it must be! Surely only a man in love with a woman or willing to love a woman, is capable of making her long for nothing and no one else but him.

His hands stopped moving then, forcing the trail of heat his palms on her skin created to come to an abrupt end. In protest, her body leaned further against him and her lips let out a breathless squeak.

Still, instead of resuming its work of perusing her frame, the warmth on her skin disappeared completely as his hands withdrew from her.

Her eyelids snapped open then, dimness filling her vision and making it nearly impossible to see the man who was before her. She barely saw his face, nothing but his frame and ruffled hair. Had she done that to his hair? She could barely remember. She was so busy enjoying her time with him, she had failed to take note of the movements of her own hands.

“Leave.” The word knocked the air out of her lungs, leaving her seated there, paralysed from her waist down as he scrambled out of the bed.

She didn't hear him move, neither did she hear the door slamming shut behind her. Shame bathed her, ridding her body of the feeling of protection that came with his arms. She didn't hear anything but the rhythm less pounding of her heart as she sat still on the now cold bed.

She heard and saw nothing.

Copyright © 2018 Lily Orevba

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law. For permission requests, write to the publisher.

This is a work of fiction belonging to Lily Orevba. Resemblance to places, persons living or dead is purely coincidental.