Chapter One

Chapter One
‘Promise’

It was just like a dream. Alexander was a man I had never dreamed of. Who would foretell that a woman who hates him to death would be this crazy over him. We were still so young yet the feeling was hard to describe— it was all beyond words, it was hard to put all the letters into word to tell what was this feeling I had for him. Every time I was with him, time wasn't always enough, it always gave me a feeling of loneliness. A ball of woe just rolled over my body, making me feel so less.

I stared at the vaulted ceiling that has a chandelier drooped onto it. The small crystals that adorned shone as the mystic ray of the sun assaulted it. I closed my eyes as I let my body feel the warmth of my bed. I groped the space on my bed where Alexander had laid yesterday. He was with me, having fun and spending his last days with me here in the Philippines. I always feel the wave of bitterness wash over myself every time I think of his study abroad. Can I continue my life without him? I asked myself while staring blankly the chandelier.

Tomorrow, Alexander will be going back to Cambridge for his study in Harvard. Though, their opening of class would be a week from now, he needs to prepare for it. I was kind of afraid of the thought of blonde Americans who would flock on his feet. Wait, what are we? We weren't lovers, I wasn't his girlfriend yet. We were still on the stage where you can freely flirt and has a sobriquet of 'single and available'. And I was wondering what would be the reaction of the liberated women when they learned that he was still free. We were still M.U., anyway.

My phone rang startlingly, I fumbled it on my side table and when I finally got it, I hovered it on my face and looked who was the caller. I bit my lower lip as I saw his name on the screen.

Alexander.

Once I answered his call, I put it on my ear and hear his breathing. My heart hammered my chest once I heard his breathing. Damn, I was already drowned in love to this perfect man. The sound of his breathing sufficed my longing for him. Ngayon palang ay miss ko na siya, paano pa kaya pag nagpunta na siya ng Cambridge?

"My Cassiopeia," he croaked.

My bristles on my nape stood just hearing his endearment for me. Smile etched on my lips as I couldn't thwart myself from doing so. I could feel the butterflies on my stomach, reuniting because of this felicity I was having. I was like stepping on the cloud nine.

"Alex," my voice shivered, "g-good morning,"

"Good morning, wifey. How was you sleep? Did you dream of me? Hmm?"

"Feeling mo talaga, ano? Hindi 'no!" Sabi ko at agad na kinagat ang aking labi.

"Really, though?"

"Really,"

"You're so unfair. I dreamed of you kissing me and you? You did not even include me to your dream?" I could imagine him pouting while saying those words.

I chuckled, "Kissing you? It was really a dream. I don't initiate for a kiss."

"Really?" He chuckled as if it wasn't true, "You seemed so addicted with my lips when I was kissing you in your room yesterday,"

"Alexander!"

Naramdaman ko ang pag-init ng aking pisngi. Ugh! This guy knows on how to make me blush in every word he uses. I feel like I wanted to nip myself for being so affected by this man.