Simula

Simula

"Miss Sapphire, are you now engaged with your on-screen partner Clyde Lagdameo?" Asked the reporters when I hopped out of my car.

I just smiled vaguely at her question. The lights of the cameras were flickering in my sight that I almost squinted because of its shameless assault on my eyes. My eyes flitted to where my Manager, Mrs. Aguirre, was waiting for me. It was only a few meters away from my distance but because the immense number of reporters, I was like an scanty helpless damsel surrounded with inquisitive media personnel.

I know it was their job— to get an information about the life of a person in the entertainment industry. Sometimes, it was really piquing when they were making fictitious news about someone. But I need to understand their situation, it was their work. No news, and probably it will be the cause of their downfall.

At my side, Jenny was there with some bouncer to repel some aggressive reporters. I want to answer the question they were asking me but I shouldn't. If I would deny it directly, for sure, people, especially those who were belong to our fandom will be at worse, perhaps they will bash me for that. I don't want to confirm it though, I would rather make them oblivious about my status.

"Miss, is that ring from Clyde?" They asked again.

I beamed, "Excuse me po, I have still business to work on."

"Okay po, but can you answer us if you were the alleged fiance of Clyde?"

I heaved a sigh. They really adamant to get what they wanted. I kept my mouth shut and waded straight to the entrance of our network. I was here because one of the famous director called me for a new movie conference with Clyde. It was been years since the first time I tried acting. It was really hard at the very start because the network kept on pairing me with different leading men just to find the word 'chemistry' on us and all of it was futile. But after a year, Clyde auditioned and he was immediately paired up with me.

It was good because I know him already. I don't need to make myself adapt with a stranger— it was uncomfortable.

"Gosh, Sapphire, you were trending last night because of your tweet about the upcoming concert of Clyde!" My manager said once we entered the building.

I made sure that there was no person besides me, my manager and Jenny before rolling my eyes.

"Of course, Tita, you told me to do so!"

She chuckled, "You need to, eventually."

"And the issue that I was engaged with him?" I said, wincing, "I thought that issue would only last for two weeks!"

She did not say anything. I did not also spout any dramas when we finally reached the conference room where we will do the meeting for the upcoming movie. Tita Tanya clutched on the doorknob and wrenched it open. It creaked slowly and my heart walloped against my chest— not because Clyde was already inside, talking to his manager but because of the director who will direct our movie. It was my first time to make a movie that will be directed by him, but Clyde already worked with him.

"Sapphire is already here!" One of the staffs informed them enthusiastically.

All the eyes immediately swooped to my direction. Clyde stood up, ready to walk to welcome me. I just beamed and shook my head. We can act as if we were couples on camera but when we were with the persons know what we really were, perhaps, we can be casual. No ruse deception. He stopped and heaved a sigh, he shook his head in disbelief.

I was greeted by the persons that were inside the room. They were very happy of what was happening to our career. It was booming, actually. My eyes widened when I saw the director stood up from sitting and lunged to me. I smiled— I don't even know if it was genuine or not. Gosh. I was antsy. I might get off my senses once I speak!