A Loyal Sphinx-15

800 READS!  WOOHOOOOO~!

------

As I come back to the mansion, several maids greet me.  They serve me a very delightful dinner.  After that, I go to my room, exhausted.  I passed out as my head hit the pillow.

. . .

Waking up, I find myself with softness.  It seems that one of our maids put the softest blanket over me last night.  I yawn and stretch as I prepare to go to work.  Beest (always) goes to work earlier than me.  He is always such an early bird.  He takes the train with the head maid and she escorts him to the building.  I take the butler with me with the rest of the maids.

"Good morning.  How did your trip go?  It's been a week since we last saw you."  Says the human god.  He's very polite, but if he has a goal in mind, he's a bulldozer.  There's a time difference between Earth and Eliria, if you hadn't noticed.  A week on Earth is a month on Eliria.  From Eliria, Earth looks very slow, and vise versa.  

"Well, traveling with many people for a month straight makes you tired."  I wipe my eyes as he nods in agreement.  We walk through the hallway and go to the meeting room.  I see many gods look at us as we enter, most likely late.

"Ah, welcome back.  How have you been?  You seem pretty exhausted." Says original god.  I give a yawn in response.  He chuckles.  I take a seat near Beest.  I lean my head on his shoulder.

"Hello, sweetie.  Sorry I couldn't come with you this morning."  I just nod along to what he is saying, finally drifting off in his embrace.

. . .  

*Back on Eliria* (Third Person)

"Ah, I hope the goddess is okay.  She sure looked tired at the end of our trip."  The shrine maiden had developed her own personality, since she no longer held the bonds of being the queen, or, queens.  She had become independent once she hit her new status, which can rival a queen's, or is a little higher.  She had developed a personality that made her talk to herself to pass the time.  Mainly given that she is alone a large amount of the time.  

A wave of light crosses her vision, a message from her god.  The light dimmed and faded, but words were left in her vision.

"Thank you for doing your role wonderfully in my stead, I have a few things I want to give you for your loyalty.  One, is a Sphinx.  The second is an ability to see the future, and several followers that will do your bidding.  I think about 1,000 should do.  The third is a wonderful temple since you are in a very small building.  I hope this will suffice for your future loyalty as well, good day."  She said the words aloud, not really noticing the tears welling up in her eyes.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you..."  She ended up praying for such wonderful gifts, even if she hadn't done much.  After a while, she fell asleep.  While she was unconscious, the place around her began to shift and change, becoming larger and it's beauty growing.  Simple white became a flurry of light blues and hues of red and pink.  Engravings were taking shape of protective runes, courteous of the original god's ideas.  Pillars came from the ground, with crystals alike.  

A giant gem plummets from the sky, reaching about twenty feet above where the shrine maiden lay.  The gem glows brighter and several hundreds of figures to a thousand drifted down.  Many had taken near the side of the shrine maiden.  Others drifted off to other locations and had tasks they were assigned.  1,000 of the purest souls, sent from the reach of the abyss had been called upon by the goddess.  

Upon hearing that they could live another beautiful life from their past karma, they all had accepted, and were now very loyal.  All of them had smiles on their faces upon being in another place to call home.  Then the crystal had shown to an extraordinary brightness, to the point of blinding upon looking at it.  Slowly, the figure of a large animal drifts upon the floor.  With a head raised high, a sphinx was born.  

Even though the sphinx was just born, it looked like it was a young adult of it's kind.  Many of the followers awed at the holy beast and reveled in it's natural beauty.  The followers moved out of the way of the sphinx, circling around the shrine maiden and sat down, curled around her.  The followers had carefully moved the shrine maiden into a more comfortable position for her sleep against the beast.

But this wasn't the only good event happening in the world.