Chapter 2

Y/n bit her lip. Running away from home was completely out of mind. But this is what she wanted, right? She didn't like her family at all. Not her mother. Not her father. And certainly not her brother.

She looked into Hae Won's eyes. This was the biggest decision of her life. Could this work?

"Can you at least tell me the entire plan before I do it?" She asked Hae Won while avoiding her eyes. Hae Won smiled at her and grabbed her hands.

"Y/n, you were born into a family that doesn't appreciate you. This is your chance to be who you want to be without anyone telling you otherwise. And of course, I will explain the plan to you." Hae Won said wiping y/n's tears off her face.

"If you decide to run away, we will go to the market and buy you some things you will need to change your appearance. Nobody can know you are here in the Capitol." Y/n frowned at her and licked her lips. "So, you are saying, I leave a letter to my parents saying that I am leaving forever or something?" Hae Won nodded with pressed lips. "Yes."

Y/n sucked in a deep breath. "This is the hardest step, isn't it?" Y/n said between a laugh. Hae Won squeezed her hands. "You will go home, write a letter, pack a small light bag, and run out through the back. I will wait for you there. After that, we will wear these and go straight to the market." She pulled out two face masks and smiled. Y/n looked at them. They were like the ones they would wear as kids. They would pretend to be the most honorable warriors of Silla and run around with face masks and their own weapons.

Y/n looked up at Hae Won with a grin and said, "Well, what are we waiting for?" With that, they took off and arrived at her house in no time. Hae Won stopped a few feet away from y/n's house gate and pretend to leave. Y/n took a shortcut into her house and ran inside. She avoided any contact and went straight to her room. Once she reached her room, she closed the door behind her and quickly began to write.

Dear family,
I have decided to flee this house. I know you will be highly disappointed with my actions, but don't worry. I'm used to father getting after me and for mother to be there supporting his every move. Not to mention my brother will be finally happy that he doesn't have to worry about his 'little sister'. Thank you for giving me a home, a name, and the blessing of life. But this is not the family that supports me. That is why I have left the Capitol. To find a family that will appreciate my decisions and my wishes. I wish you the best of luck. Please, don't try to find me. In return, I shall do the same.

It is time for me to grow on my own.
Sincerely, Lee Y/n.

Y/n hurried packing everything valuable that she wouldn't use anymore and placed inside her bag. Once the letter was dry enough from the ink, she folded it and placed it inside a velvet envelope.

She slipped out of her room and placed the letter over the dinner table. She stared at everything around her. The house was filled with memories. But in the end, she was happy of being able to leave. With a laugh, she left through the back and climbed the wall where on the other side, Hae Won waited in the shadows for her.

Instead of seeing her with tears and sadness, Hae Won was staring at a very happy y/n. Not only that, she looked most relieved. As if she was a free prisoner. Or someone that had been in the dark for so long and now finally being able to see the light.

"How do you feel?" Hae Won asked her while handing her the face mask.

Y/n looked at her with a big grin. "Ready to begin my life!" Y/n said putting on her mask.

And with that, they ran into the night with large smiles and free beating hearts.

They lost sight of the Lee residence as they kept on running. People would stare at the two persons running frantically.