CH 62

The slight smile on her face had completely pissed him off. It wasn't smug, per se, in fact her apologies still hung in the air around them pissing him off even more. He didn't know if it was anger, fear, leftover adrenaline or all of the above, but he could feel his pulse quicken when his fingers met her skin. He loved her, more than he was ready or willing to admit, though he hated how easily he gave in to her. He should be flying down the 101 on the bike towards home right now, letting her stew over what she had done. But here he was, tearing the black lace from her hips so roughly that it wiped that fucking infuriating smirk from her lips. At least that was something. 

There was a brief, but vindicating look of shock before she defaulted to that half-lidded, fuck-me stare that he had to look away from for fear of a total surrender. He didn't have a plan in place yet, maybe wind her up and leave or just lay back let her apologize without words. He'd figure it out when they got there. Shoving away from her the very moment she tried to pull him close, he pointed through the dark.

"Bed."

She didn't hesitate or give it a second thought, she just did as she was told. Maybe she could behave herself after all. He waited long enough that he knew she would start to think that he had left, then stomped after her. Not angrily, but with purpose and maybe a touch of authority. It was the walk he used at 606 when a deal was being negotiated or when someone on the crew had royally fucked up. She stood at the foot of the bed, devoid of any obvious emotion or revealing body language that would let him read her mind. Fine. Let's play the game, Liz.

"I said bed," he demanded.

Another look of surprise, then a cursory glance backward at the neatly made bed behind her. She sat, awkwardly at first and then slid herself further back as if she were trying to gain traction, but her silence bothered him. Come on, baby. It takes two to play this one. Sass me. Again he waited, watching her closely for any indication of what was going through her mind, but she remained blank. Fuck. 

The anger came rushing back again, this time more intensely than before. He dove across the bed, pressing her shoulders into the soft comforter. Her arms wound tightly around him, trying to direct him to her lips, but he diverted his attention to her neck instead. She whimpered and gasped as his kisses turned to bites, trailing them over her collarbone and breasts through her thin white shirt. Her frustrated groan at the lack of direct contact relieved a bit of his anger, but he focused on the plan he had hastily made between the door and the bed. One arm pinned her hips to the sheets while the other pushed her legs apart. 

He expected at least some resistance on her part, something that told him to slow down, but she did as she was wordlessly asked without so much as a blink or a flinch. She gasped sharply and tried to pull away when he pressed his tongue against her, but he firmly held her still. He had always taken this slowly with her, teasing and taunting until she was begging, but this was different. This was sudden and intense as a war should be, straight to the point with no preparation and no time to over think. 

Her fingernails shakily grazed his forehead and then crept into his hair, gently brushing it off his face while she took several deep breaths, trying to appear unaffected by his attack. He watched her closely, every one of his senses focused on her as she gradually relaxed against him. An arched back, rolling hips, her fingers pulling his hair and his name on her lips told him she was letting her guard down, that her defenses were weakening. He slipped his fingers into her and she responded with a jolt, letting him know he had almost instantly found the spot he was looking for. Dragging his fingertips against her, slowly at first and then more rapidly, she was now completely at his mercy. A few whispers of his name, her muscles drawn so taut that she was shaking and her hand frantically searching for his let him know she was there. He almost felt bad when he pulled away. Almost. But her collapse back into the bed with an incredulous whine made it worth it. She wanted to play the game, so here he was... playing it.