CH 25

"How the fuck do you work this?" Liz stood shivering in Dave's shower, staring at the various knobs and levers attached to several shower heads.

"I have no idea," he called from the bedroom, shaking the water from his hair with a towel.

"Goddamnit," Liz whispered and turned a lever. Freezing water crashed down from overhead causing her to jump back and scream.

Dave threw the towel around his waist and ran back into the bathroom to see her pinned in the far corner of the shower.

"Are you a fucking sadist? Why would you even have water that cold?" she cried, trying to cover her breasts with her hands.

"Aren't you from the great white north?" he asked, opening the glass door and shutting the water off.

"Shut up," she laughed, relaxing a little bit.

"I've already seen em, Liz," he said, nodding to her chest.

She blushed a little but kept her hands firmly in place. "I'm trying to keep them from freezing off of my body. I'm pretty sure silicone can freeze." She thought about it a minute, telling herself to google it later.

Dave turned back to the shower and flipped the lever directly above the one Liz had tried. Warm water instantly fell from the shower head on the other side, nearest Liz. "Better?" he asked, watching her shoulders relax.

She nodded and turned towards the water, letting it fall on her chest and run down her body.

Dave had meant to dry off and find them something to eat before she got out of the shower, but a dark line across her back caught his attention. Stepping closer to her, he ran his thumb across the mark and realized it was from the edge of the step in the pool. Remembering her laid out beneath him, he tossed the towel out of open shower door and pulled her back to him.

*

The warm water instantly thawed Liz's skin and she stood as still as possible, enjoying the feeling. She sensed Dave was still behind her but didn't pay any attention until she felt his hand drag across her back. Goosebumps traveled over her skin despite the warm water and she bit back a smile when he pulled her to him. He kissed the spot where her neck met her shoulder, wrapping one arm around her chest and resting his other hand on her hip. She sighed in his arms and leaned against him, not entirely sure she could go another round with him.

*

The warmth from her body as he held her against him and the hot water made Dave realize how tired he actually was. Trailing his lips along her shoulder, he thought it must be at least three or four in the morning. He couldn't remember the last time he had an even a remotely decent night's sleep between the tour and his life at home collapsing, but last night in Liz's hotel room he had actually slept. He remembered waking up and thinking everything would be awkward between them, but it felt normal like they had been waking up to each other for years. The thought of her bent over the makeup table popped into his head, along with the tattoo he had seen on her hip and he stepped back a bit to find it. Liz's head snapped upright when he moved and looked over her shoulder to see he was leaning over to look at her side.

"Liz," he said simply as he stared at the tattoo just above her hip bone. "You wanna talk about this?"

"No, thank you," she shook her head, thoroughly embarrassed that he had finally seen her first tattoo. Dave looked up at her, trying desperately not to laugh or smile, but he couldn't help it.

"Well, at least we match," he chuckled, running his hand over her quarter sized, black FF logo.

"It was my first tattoo and Nothing Left to Lose just came out and-," Liz tried to explain all at once, but Dave shook his head.