"I could never be able to," I told her honestly. You'd think I know which twin I have a crush on.

She smiled at me, and I couldn't help but return it. Rylee's smile was one of the prettiest I had ever seen.

Soon enough, the bell rang, and I dashed out of the classroom, silently praying that I got a decent grade on my quiz. Before I could make it to my locker to get my lunch out of it, someone tugged my sweatshirt sleeve, and I turned around.

"Quick! Help me figure out a really clever gift to give to Mikey for Christmas!" Ashton said quickly.

I only stared at him in slight bewilderment. I wasn't used to people screaming in my face (Liz doesn't count—she never counts to me).

I shrugged. "Christmas sex?"

Ashton groaned frustratingly. "C'mon, Lucas, we already know that's going to happen!" I choked on my own saliva—sometimes Michael and Ashton don't understand that I don't need all the details in their sex life.

"I need a real, clever gift to give him! Luke, I've run out of ideas of gifts to give him!" Ashton let out an exasperated sigh. "This is the one and only problem for being friends—much less in a relationship—with someone for so long. I mean, Michael and I have been best friends since kindergarten; that means our families have been friends since we were five-years-old. We've given each other Christmas gifts since then! The one problem: You run out of really nice gifts to give them." His eyes widened. "That's almost like running out of ideas to show your love for them!" He grabbed my shoulders, and he shook me a little too roughly. "LUKE, YOU HAVE TO HELP ME!"

"Okay," I said to Ashton, slightly dazed. "First of all, you're not running out of ways to show Michael you love him. Honestly, Ashton, Michael has all the love he could never need or want from you, and more. He really loves you, and you love him, so let's conclude that you're set for the 'loving' part."

Ashton nodded nervously. Anyone could tell that Ashton was nervous. His foot was quickly tapping against the floor, his glasses were fogging up, the bandana around his head was starting to collect sweat, and he was fiddling with his fingers. Something told me if Michael saw Ashton like this, he would take no hesitation to take his boyfriend in his arms and kiss him better. I've been spending way too much time with these guys. I don't even consider them my friends...

"So?" Ashton asked me desperately. "Any ideas?"

"Alright, guys, get out of the hall!" the janitor yelled at us. I rolled my eyes slightly, and Ashton and I started to make our way out. I had internally forced myself not to go to the bathroom and eat lunch there as I always do. I couldn't just ditch Ashton. I followed Ashton as he led to to where he and Michael eat in the school. It felt incredibly weird to see all the kids eating outside. I wasn't accustomed to it. Then again, I've never done it myself.

We sat down on the bench, and I looked around for a certain green-haired boy.

"He's setting up the stage for the drama performance tonight. He won't be coming anytime soon," Ashton told me, noticing how I was looking for Michael. I remembered that Michael's elective was drama, and I nodded.

"You've been in a relationship since seventh grade, right?" I asked. Ashton nodded.

I furrowed my eyebrows and narrowed my eyes, trying to think of something that has relevance to the number six.

"And you've been best friends since kindergarten?" I double-checked. Ashton nodded again.

I went back to my previous position, trying to think of something with relevance to the number twelve. They've been best friends for twelve years. They've been in a relationship for six years. Six is half of twelve...