// Skating and the Mets //

It wasn't long before the Simmons siblings arrived at the Argent house to pick up the girls in secret

It wasn't long before the Simmons siblings arrived at the Argent house to pick up the girls in secret. Lydia and Allison were quick to exit the house and slide in the backseats of Hunter's car. Bree smiled at them before asking Allison what excuse she came up with to which the dark-haired, fair-skinned girl replied, "Studying". Bree chuckled, turning around in the passenger's seat, taking note of Lydia's selfie-capturing with her phone. 

Bree's eyes suddenly fell outside the window, watching as objects flew past while the car picked up its speed on the road. She thought over the events of the past few weeks, and still couldn't believe she had come to this point where she needed a break from everything supernatural. It seemed like a big joke to her, but she knew better than that. She was just overall thankful Stiles decided to be honest with her. 

The car stopped suddenly, parked into a parking space outside of their destination, reminding Bree of where they were. Excited, she hopped out of the car and ran a hand through her hair as a familiar blue Jeep parked in the spot next to their vehicle. After turning off his car, Stiles jumped out with a dorky, and ridiculous smile, twirling the keys Boyd gave him around on his finger and heading towards the entrance.

Stiles unlocked and opened up the doors to the skating rink with the key Boyd gave him at lunch, and let their group of six inside. Turning on the lights, Stiles turned back to them with the goofiest of smiles. Allison took hold of Scott's hand, grinning ear to ear as they talked to themselves separate from the rest. Lydia shook her head while she and Hunter headed off to put on their skates. 

Bree wasn't sure how she was going to be able to skate after she put on the skates while they sat on the cool, metallic benches. Stiles still smirked happily as he tied up his skates before noticing Bree shuddering due to the chilly atmosphere in the room, her skin paler than usual. Finishing up with his shoes, Stiles reached into his backpack, pulling out an orange sweater for her to wear on top of her clothes.

Bree laughed, "Thanks, but I think I'll be okay. Besides, I know you're a die-hard Mets fan and all, but orange does not look good on all of us." 

Giving up, Stiles shoved the sweater back into his backpack, and pulled out a Reese's instead, offering it to her. She wrinkled her nose in disgust before feeling embarrassed, apologizing, "I'm sorry. You keep offering stuff, and I keep refusing. I'm a terrible person."

"No you're not," he spoke up quickly, making sure to keep eye contact with her, "Not everyone is a Reese's person, I get it."

She smiled apologetically, continuing to tie up her shoes as Stiles inquired, "So what is your favorite chocolate, or you know, candy?" 

"Milky Way," Bree admitted with a small smile, "And Strawberry Sour Punch Straws." 

Nodding his head a little, Stiles looked over at Hunter and Lydia, who were talking among themselves, both seemed happy. His shoulders dropped, but not as significant as he thought. It was strange seeing the girl he obsessed over with someone else, yet usually, he would be more upset about it. The thing was, he wasn't...not in the slightest. Looking back over at Bree, he noticed a concerned expression taking over her features. 

"What's wrong?" he asked simply, wondering what she was thinking about. 

"Um," she started quietly, "I've never skated before." 

Stiles' eyes widened in shock, "Ever?"

Bree shook her head in embarrassment, wringing her hands and rubbing her wrists gently in her lap. Stiles noticed her doing this before making a bold move and reaching for her hand. Her forest-green orbs looked up, taking his hand willingly as he led her down the benches, and out onto the floor just before the entrance into the rink. 

Stiles made his way onto the rink, careful in maintaining his balance before his whiskey-colored eyes found her green ones while he held out a hand to her. She took a deep breath as her hand gripped his tightly, desperate eyes gazing into his. 

"Please don't let go," she begged, "I don't wanna fall."

With a serious look on his face, Stiles answered confidently, "I won't let you."

She hesitantly stepped onto the rink, one foot at a time, digging the skates into the ice. 

"Bree, you're doing good," Stiles praised, still holding her hand as she put her other foot into the rink. "Try pushing your foot forward so you can glide." 

Nodding her head in understanding, Bree pushed her right foot forward gently. Her body went rigid, trying to get used to the friction of the ice as she glided smoothly across the floor, making Stiles' job more difficult in teaching her. 

He suggested, "Relax, you're not going to fall, Bree." 

They started out at a slow pace before Stiles finally got Bree to relax. Easing into it, Bree began taking longer strokes, one foot after the other, praying to God she wouldn't fall on her face. The thought soon faded as soon as she saw his dorky grin, his eyes staring at her. She felt more relaxed as the two of them continued skating, the rest of the world falling away. 

She smiled happily as she followed Stiles across the rink, but something went wrong. Really wrong. Her left foot slipped up, and her feet were no longer planted into the ice. She gasped loudly as she felt herself falling, closing her eyes, and bracing herself for the impact. There wasn't any, though. Instead, Bree opened her eyes to find Stiles holding her close by her waist, keeping her from falling, a small genuine smile graced his lips. 

"Told you I wouldn't let you fall," he reminded, his hands moving to her hips instead. 

As shocking as the situation was, it didn't compare to how incredibly electrified she felt. Bree didn't know how to describe the feeling, but she knew she didn't want it to go away. She wanted to stay in his arms forever, where she knew she'd be safe, but the moment was quickly ruined when a terrified shriek exploded throughout the building. Bree and Stiles tore away from each other, yet still held hands as they spotted a wailing Lydia on her hands and knees, clawing at the ice while Hunter tried pulling her away. 

His eyes came into contact with Bree's, who was now making her way over with Stiles in hand. Scott and Allison burst through the doors, worried expressions on their faces as they witnessed the event. Lydia continued screaming as Hunter kept trying to calm her down, and tug her from the floor.