Being The Role Model

What I do, my little sister does. Most of the times anyways.

If I'm on the couch watching a TV show that she thinks is interesting, my little sister gets up on the couch and watches TV by me.

If I'm messing around with one of my dragons in my collection, my little sister picks up another one of my dragons and tries to make me play with her.

One time while I was drawing, I had some colored pencils left out. My little sister sat down beside me and drew with me.

About a week ago, my mom, grandma, little sister, and I went to PetSmart to get my little sister a pet fish for her birthday. ( Her birthday was the week after so I convinced her that the fish she picked out was mine.) We looked at the bettas and my little sister picked out a red male. When I held it, she got sad and wanted one of her own. So she picked out another red betta. I don't know how we did it, but my mom, grandma, and I somehow managed to leave the pet store without purchasing two red bettas.

Sometimes it's the other way around though. Whatever my little sister does I do.

One time, my little sister was crawling around the living room floor and kept barking like a dog. When she saw me watching her she said "Ma." (that's how she says come on.) and kept on waving her hand. She kept doing it until I gave in and started acting like a dog with her.

When we're outside, my little sister tries to pull me to the sandbox,sprinkler,swings, or slide. (Depending on the weather.)

Every Wednesday, when my little sister goes to Mary Bridge Speech And Hearing Therapy to learn how to talk more, she grabs my hand and we walk to the toys. When it's her turn to go learn how to talk better, she has to go in an elevator. Every time before she leaves with our mom, she either holds my hand or rides on my shoulders so I could go with her.

On the way back down to the lobby, she once again holds onto my hand or rides on my shoulders. When we walk over to the stickers, she either makes me or our mom take one for her.

Last week, my mom, step dad, little sister, and I visited my grandparents. They have this playground near their house so while my mom, step dad, grandpa, and other grandpa (on my step dad's side.) Went fishing, and my grandma and other grandma (on my step dad's side.) Were inside talking, my little sister and I went to play at the park. Once we stepped on the grass,my little sister pulled her hand out of my hand and started to run towards the swing set. When she started to run, she kept on turning her head to look at me and kept on saying " run run!"

When times like these happen, I know that my sisterly bond with my little sister is thicker than thick.