Consequences

Sometimes being an older sister comes with consequences.

When I'm watching TV or trying to make something in my room with the door closed, my little sister opens the door and when she sees what I'm doing, she wants to do it too.

Sometimes I get mad when she wants to do what I'm doing. But most of the times, I don't care and let her join me depending on what I'm doing.

Other consequences of being an older sister are shopping at thrift stores and pet stores.

At thrift stores, she literally almost drags me to the toy section. (she's pretty strong for her age.) And if she's at a thrift store she doesn't know or recognize, she starts to cry because she doesn't know where it is.

At pet stores my little sister walks right up to the cats while I'm looking at fish decor for my fish tanks. It's not bad actually until I'm the one she wants to take to look at the cats with her.

There's another pet store where my mom used to get crickets for our pet anoles. Because the kittens or puppies aren't in a see through box, I used to have to lift my little sister up to see them. Then when she was done, I didn't get enough time to look at cat toys.

There used to be a time when my little sister had a bedroom all to herself that was by my bedroom. My mom and step dad's bedroom are across the house so when my little sister woke up, she called for our mom and walked down the hall past my room toward our parent's room.

I used to go in my little sister's room on nights like these but most of the times she started to reject me and wanted no one but mom.

Now she sleeps in my mom and step dad's bedroom.

There's other consequences than just those. Like when I want to try and help my mom and step dad out by trying to take care of my little sister, she only wants them.

There are many consequences about being my little sister's older sister. But no matter what they are, we still love each other anyways.